GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic stage 2+/DSG stage 2 review

La Furia Roja

Update on EPC light(Overboost). The shop verifed that it was not the wastegate. They talked to John. And told me it was possibly my gas, I use top tier gas but i'm going to switch to shell for the next 2 tanks to see if that clears it. if not then they are going to run logs send them to John so he can modify the Tune. Has anyone run into anything like this? Going to and from the shop is starting to be a pain.

What is the Overboost light???????? 14913 Boost presure regulation may be?

I had the same fault on my Skoda VRS IS38 APR
APR made me new version of the file and the EPC light has gone.
Despite disappearing of EPC fault,
the car has had over boost problems which i have described already in my La Furia Roja topic. We made a log files and send them to APR support.
They recommended me ODIS adaptation of the waste gate.
The funny thing is that we have to adapt IS38 turbo on GTI or VRS in my case
The program ODIS ask us for engine code so we put mine... CHHB
APR said that when they have adapted IS38 on GTI the have put the engine code of VW GTI............. not engine code of VW R.
I performed waste gate adaptation of my IS38 by ODIS and now the over boosts are slighter.

Did you made log files
On mine the needed boost pressure was 1.4 for instance and the current was 2........... huge overboost. In the moment of this over boosts the car shakes and skips somehow This is because the waste gate tries to compensate this over boost. After the new APR IS38 Software the EPC light 14913 disappeared but the over boots remained. Now after the Waste gate ODIS adaptation the things are better.

In fact this new software from APR i think is just deleting the Fault 14913 from the ECU forever. Now it does not matter how big are over boost problems............this Fault will never light
It is stupid but i think that this is the true. Similar problems have my friends with Revo Is38 Stage Everyone dealer sing the same song...... the quality of petrol....... ha ha ha

The true is that the IS38 files can not correct rule the waste gate
It does not matter APR Unitronic or Revo is the tuner.

To simulate the over boost in the DSG models have to put the car on Manual regimen and on 4th gear to push the throttle easy.
20-30 percents from the whole way of the throttle pedal.
When you push the pedal support the same pressure, no more, no less
After 4500-5000 rpm the car begin shaking to stop and go to stop and go
these are the moments of over boosts

jb99875

Ready to race!
What is the Overboost light???????? 14913 Boost presure regulation may be?

I had the same fault on my Skoda VRS IS38 APR
APR made me new version of the file and the EPC light has gone.
Despite disappearing of EPC fault,
the car has had over boost problems which i have described already in my La Furia Roja topic. We made a log files and send them to APR support.
They recommended me ODIS adaptation of the waste gate.
The funny thing is that we have to adapt IS38 turbo on GTI or VRS in my case
The program ODIS ask us for engine code so we put mine... CHHB
APR said that when they have adapted IS38 on GTI the have put the engine code of VW GTI............. not engine code of VW R.
I performed waste gate adaptation of my IS38 by ODIS and now the over boosts are slighter.

Did you made log files
On mine the needed boost pressure was 1.4 for instance and the current was 2........... huge overboost. In the moment of this over boosts the car shakes and skips somehow This is because the waste gate tries to compensate this over boost. After the new APR IS38 Software the EPC light 14913 disappeared but the over boots remained. Now after the Waste gate ODIS adaptation the things are better.

In fact this new software from APR i think is just deleting the Fault 14913 from the ECU forever. Now it does not matter how big are over boost problems............this Fault will never light
It is stupid but i think that this is the true. Similar problems have my friends with Revo Is38 Stage Everyone dealer sing the same song...... the quality of petrol....... ha ha ha

The true is that the IS38 files can not correct rule the waste gate
It does not matter APR Unitronic or Revo is the tuner.

To simulate the over boost in the DSG models have to put the car on Manual regimen and on 4th gear to push the throttle easy.
20-30 percents from the whole way of the throttle pedal.
When you push the pedal support the same pressure, no more, no less
After 4500-5000 rpm the car begin shaking to stop and go to stop and go
these are the moments of over boosts

I wish i wrote the code down I think it was high boost pressure. and thats that i would expect with overboost but its really weird they'll do a 2500RMP to 6.5k pull in fourth gear and it does it no problem WOT the whole way. but when you go WOT from 3rd to 4th it EPCs at about 4500RPM. The car gives no warning no hesitation, no shaking, no weird sounds.

La Furia Roja

In my case on Full Throttle there were not any problems too.
On 4th gear from 2500 RPM to 6500 on easy pushed throttle the problems begin after 4500 RPM............ stop and go ............. stop and go ...........over boosts but the car does not write any faults now.
APR said that the reason for my Over boost fault 14913 was some internal timer.

Mato94

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTI
hello, i have a performance mk7 gti. i have an is38, wagner intercooler, intlet outlet vw racing, r600, downpipe and catback.

there is a management 3 as well as the dsg.

I also have this overboost problem!

Did you find a solution ?