GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 1

pwojdat

Glad to help :) Here is mine with the DGs. 95% comfort of stock, bit stiffer and remove John Deer look and the endless bouncing when going over bumps.

Looks great! I''m getting my DG installed next Wednesday. Can't wait to get rid of the SUV look.

WoNayT

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone else still waiting for the latest 1.8T software revision from APR to be completed? Apparently my 2017 Golf (12/16 manufacture date) is on revision 3 and only 1 and 2 are available.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Looks great! I''m getting my DG installed next Wednesday. Can't wait to get rid of the SUV look.

Nice clean look! Seeing your setup convinced me to go for the DG route. I plan to do a delete and tune down the road too on my 1.8t, but didn't know how common DG springs were with tuned golfs (Or if there were any negative/positive correlations).

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Anyone else still waiting for the latest 1.8T software revision from APR to be completed? Apparently my 2017 Golf (12/16 manufacture date) is on revision 3 and only 1 and 2 are available.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Been waiting since 10/16 myself.

kkingma

Ready to race!
I have the above mentioned rear sway, DG springs, and currently a JB1 on my 1.8.

I've heard going APR 1 is like adding another JB1 on top of the existing JB1. I can't wait to upgrade, but I'm warranty so I have to wait a little bit.

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Is the Stage 1 with 87, 91, and 93 octane all the same file and it adapts as needed or is each octane a different file? If so, I really miss the days when APR supported switching octane modes on the fly.

There's no way in hell I'm "driving to my APR dealer to reflash" from 93 octane to 91 octane every time I cannot find 93 octane in my travels.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
I have the above mentioned rear sway, DG springs, and currently a JB1 on my 1.8.

I've heard going APR 1 is like adding another JB1 on top of the existing JB1. I can't wait to upgrade, but I'm warranty so I have to wait a little bit.

Or upgrade to JB4 and be like stage 2.

kkingma

Ready to race!
Or upgrade to JB4 and be like stage 2.

I spent all weekend reading the 1.8t JB4 thread. So much tweaking over there! I read a lot about things I don't understand. I'm tempted on the JB4 but I so t have time to fiddle with it. Impressive results though!

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
With what fuel? Can u send me ur logs are u on stock downpipe with is12?

That's with 3-4 gallons of e85 and aftermarket downpipe. On 93 I'm about 18 peak, I can get more, but the timing advance starts to drop. I'd rather make power with 17-18 psi and 16-18 degrees of advance over 22+ psi and 10-12 degrees

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
Parts list (OEM VW parts):

Side Skirt (Left) : 5G6-853-859-B-9B9
Side Skirt (Right) : 5G6-853-860-B-9B9
Self-Tapping Screw : WHT006944 (Need x24)

+ some generic silicone for the extra peace of mind. I put some on the screws to seal them against the car.

Dealership price in Canada ($CAD) without tax:

Side Skirt (Left) : 96$
Side Skirt (Right) : 96$
Self-Tapping Screw : 0.45$ each

They are really easy to install. You can definitely install those yourself if you have a drill and an hour.
I have the parts sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. Did you separate the skirt from the inner piece in order to help drilling process? If so, any tips on how to separate the two pieces without breaking any clips?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
That's with 3-4 gallons of e85 and aftermarket downpipe. On 93 I'm about 18 peak, I can get more, but the timing advance starts to drop. I'd rather make power with 17-18 psi and 16-18 degrees of advance over 22+ psi and 10-12 degrees

Twin, what year is your car? I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I've never seen over 13 degrees advance. 12.5 is typical for me. e85, race gas mix, stock boost, high boost, water meth, 100% meth, cold days warm days, new plugs, old plugs. 12.5-13.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Twin, what year is your car? I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I've never seen over 13 degrees advance. 12.5 is typical for me. e85, race gas mix, stock boost, high boost, water meth, 100% meth, cold days warm days, new plugs, old plugs. 12.5-13.

I have a 1.8 S 4motion and I am peaking at 18 psi and tapering down to 15 psi in 85* weather and am seeing 16* of timing at times. Stock I have seen 18* but at 20 psi and up I get no where near those numbers, more like 10 to 12 at 20 psi. I am all stock JB4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
I have a 1.8 S 4motion and I am peaking at 18 psi and tapering down to 15 psi in 85* weather and am seeing 16* of timing at times. Stock I have seen 18* but at 20 psi and up I get no where near those numbers, more like 10 to 12 at 20 psi. I am all stock JB4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked George a couple times and he said it was fine. I believe him. Though I would like to know more about why my car is different. Probably won't though. I should just get a dyno run and see what the numbers say.