GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed CTS Turbo engine oil catch can system.

CT GTI

Go Kart Newbie
So been had a MK6 GTI in the past and knowing about Volkswagens PCV issuse with carbon build up and turbo/induction problems. I wanted to delete the factory PCV system. I choose CTS Turbo for couple reasons. One they completely delete the PCV valve. Two it's a beautiful setup. All CNC milled out of billet aluminum. And three it works. there will be a install video coming soon on my buddy's YouTube channel Garage Quinn Motors. https://www.youtube.com/user/Merdian225/feed. Here are some pictures of the kit installed. Not the best pictures. Also the engine cover will no longer fit unless you do some trim work to it. R had 478 miles when I installed this kit. Took 15mins.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
So been had a MK6 GTI in the past and knowing about Volkswagens PCV issuse with carbon build up and turbo/induction problems. I wanted to delete the factory PCV system. I choose CTS Turbo for couple reasons. One they completely delete the PCV valve. Two it's a beautiful setup. All CNC milled out of billet aluminum. And three it works. there will be a install video coming soon on my buddy's YouTube channel Garage Quinn Motors. https://www.youtube.com/user/Merdian225/feed. Here are some pictures of the kit installed. Not the best pictures. Also the engine cover will no longer fit unless you do some trim work to it. R had 478 miles when I installed this kit. Took 15mins.

Looks really great. I installed one as well. I'm keeping an eye on it to see how much goes into the catch can. I know a lot of folks have said that our engines are more efficient than the mk6 but I didn't want to take any chances. Happy I installed one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Nicely made bit of kit. My concern would be Jiffy Lube Syndrome.

What's JLS, you ask? It's when their oil change monkey comes out to the waiting room, shakes his head in dismay, shows you a grungy looking air filter, and tries to upsell you on an overpriced replacement. The problem is that air filters always look grungy after a few hundred miles of driving — it's normal.

Similarly a catch can is always going to pick up some oil. The question is, will this help in any way or not? A positive result can't be correlated with the catch can unless there are statistically significant negative results without one for comparison.

Neil

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Nicely made bit of kit. My concern would be Jiffy Lube Syndrome.

What's JLS, you ask? It's when their oil change monkey comes out to the waiting room, shakes his head in dismay, shows you a grungy looking air filter, and tries to upsell you on an overpriced replacement. The problem is that air filters always look grungy after a few hundred miles of driving — it's normal.

Similarly a catch can is always going to pick up some oil. The question is, will this help in any way or not? A positive result can't be correlated with the catch can unless there are statistically significant negative results without one for comparison.

Neil

I tend to agree. I guess the proof will be in the pudding. Since our cars are relatively new not enough info out there to support it yet. I will say with the amount of good engineering companies out there building them their should be some credibility behind them. It will be interesting to see how the engines do with the carbon build up. That is if they get it or not. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rcnacura

Passed Driver's Ed
Been interested in this cc, but have some questions about the engine cover. Can it not go back on mainly because the hoses are too short? Can they be rerouted in anyway to get the cover back on?

At Laguna Seca I always get a nice plume of white smoke after about the 4th session exiting the corkscrew and its quick deceleration and elevation changes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Sounds like you did zero research for MK7's. There's plenty of documentation on this forum for how catch cans are not effective for MK7's.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
At least he got to spend money on that fancy CNC milled part that will do the same job with minor improvement if there's any.
I rather spend the money toward a good IC and JB4.

slider09

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like you did zero research for MK7's. There's plenty of documentation on this forum for how catch cans are not effective for MK7's.

A bit like replacing the stock air filter with a cold air intake; but how many people do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
A bit like replacing the stock air filter with a cold air intake; but how many people do that

My understanding is that an aftermarket intake will provide tangible benefit on at tuned car. With a stock tune the gains are minimal.

slider09

Passed Driver's Ed
My understanding is that an aftermarket intake will provide tangible benefit on at tuned car. With a stock tune the gains are minimal.

There's a video on YouTube of two guys running tests on various filters (unsure if the car is stock or tuned).

All either produce the same or less power than the stock airbox.

Tigsel

Ready to race!

True that. New PCV valves are much more effective.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
There's a video on YouTube of two guys running tests on various filters (unsure if the car is stock or tuned).

All either produce the same or less power than the stock airbox.

I think the tune makes the difference. I've seen stock tune dynos with minimal difference but I recall seeing tuned car dynos showing gains with a good intake. This is why I eventually got one after initially running an aftermarket filter in the OEM box.