GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Footwell Light LED DIY

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Never quite pleased with the brightness of my footwell lights. I would adjust to 100% which was marginally acceptable. Purchased two LED wedge lights for $3 and installed as follows.

The lights snap out with gentle hand force on edge. Not a lot of clearance for a trim tool, which I found was not required. Remove light assembly from connector. The black piece of light assembly is removed by first slipping the back edge over a bump (opposite side of connector); once cleared carefully pry up and out.

The polarity of the pins is marked on the circuit board. I removed a portion of the plastic on LED to provide more clearance for one of the leads. You can see the anode of the diode goes to the + lead and other end to -. Make good mechanical connection and then solder. Test, reinstall in housing and reinstall lights.

Now the footwell lights are adjusted to 40 or 50% brightness and it is just a tad brighter then when it was 100% before modification.

This was my experience so if you choose to use as guidance do so at your own risk.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 3,261
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,471
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,333
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,445
Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just fit the LED footwell light units from a euro spec GT or GTI....???...............which I have from the factory.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor