GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Apw36

What about navigation, does it work over Bluetooth?

My problem is storage on the phone. Just 32g.

If I knew I'd be using it for music I would have bought one with more memory.

To answer your questions about AA and mib2, you can have them both running at the same time. It is great and seamless. You can have turn by turn Google maps navigation from AA while listening to SD media music, while having a different screen displayed (like the performance monitor). If your phone is Bluetooth only, the call is answered and taken care of using the mib interface. If you use a USB cable, the call is still Bluetooth, but uses the AA interface. You can play music or nav via Bluetooth but you have to have media selected as Bluetooth. I dislike this because BT music quality is worse, and you can't use another media source. On short trips, I let my phone speaker do the nav, so I can listen to the radio or have other media options. Now if you use AA, the nav can come through the car speakers while listening to any media source.

I have heard that the 7.5 has moved the ACC sensor up to the front emblem. Can anyone confirm?
True.

If confirmed, what do you think the chances are of retrofitting that updated sensor into a mk7? Would be great to remove the crazy square cutout the ACC has now.
Probably not that easy, since Volkswagen went for a more advanced radar sensor on the 7.5.
While the (Euro at least) 7.0 came with Bosch MRR, which is limited to 160 km/h, the (Euro)
7.5 now comes with the wide-range Continental ARS 410, which even works up to 210 km/h.

http://www.bosch-mobility-solutions...-braking-system/mid-range-radar-sensor-(mrr)/

http://www.continental-corporation....r_2015_09_15_umfeldsensoren_euro_ncap_en.html

Read the data sheets, compare details from physical size to electrical. ;)

SpinKix

Passed Driver's Ed
To answer your questions about AA and mib2, you can have them both running at the same time. It is great and seamless. You can have turn by turn Google maps navigation from AA while listening to SD media music, while having a different screen displayed (like the performance monitor). If your phone is Bluetooth only, the call is answered and taken care of using the mib interface. If you use a USB cable, the call is still Bluetooth, but uses the AA interface. You can play music or nav via Bluetooth but you have to have media selected as Bluetooth. I dislike this because BT music quality is worse, and you can't use another media source. On short trips, I let my phone speaker do the nav, so I can listen to the radio or have other media options. Now if you use AA, the nav can come through the car speakers while listening to any media source.

Thanks for the thorough detailed explanation!

mattd502

Ready to race!
Long and potentially stupid question here, did some digging with the search and couldn't find much and didn't think it justifies it's own thread.

So I lease my mk7 got and after much debate i've concluded that I want to buy it out, thought I might not want to but i've ultimately fallen in love with the car. I want to tune it since I know I want to buy it but I don't want the dealer to know it's tuned for obvious reason's that I don't own it. I know that my warranty will be more or less screwed with a tune so that's not what I'm worried about I just don't want them know I tuned a car that isn't mine yet. My question is if I have all my routine maintenance done at a local euro shop (my contract allows non dealer service) is there any way of my car getting flagged in the VW system?

ACE2

Ready to race!
Long and potentially stupid question here, did some digging with the search and couldn't find much and didn't think it justifies it's own thread.

So I lease my mk7 got and after much debate i've concluded that I want to buy it out, thought I might not want to but i've ultimately fallen in love with the car. I want to tune it since I know I want to buy it but I don't want the dealer to know it's tuned for obvious reason's that I don't own it. I know that my warranty will be more or less screwed with a tune so that's not what I'm worried about I just don't want them know I tuned a car that isn't mine yet. My question is if I have all my routine maintenance done at a local euro shop (my contract allows non dealer service) is there any way of my car getting flagged in the VW system?
The only way it will get flagged is if you took it to a dealership and the plugged you in. Other local shops that are certified to work on your (that your contract allows) are not directly linked to Volkswagen corp. So you will be fine to take it to them and not worry about the flagged. The only thing is if something big or complicated happens to your car and you need actual VW to get parts then that's when they will either send someone to inspect car or request you bring it to their dealerships (which either way your screwed with warranty).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mattd502

Ready to race!
The only way it will get flagged is if you took it to a dealership and the plugged you in. Other local shops that are certified to work on your (that your contract allows) are not directly linked to Volkswagen corp. So you will be fine to take it to them and not worry about the flagged. The only thing is if something big or complicated happens to your car and you need actual VW to get parts then that's when they will either send someone to inspect car or request you bring it to their dealerships (which either way your screwed with warranty).

Thanks for the response, let the bad decisions and careless spending begin :D

ACE2

Ready to race!
QQ; is Lighting Package standard on the 2017 GTI SE?

CoGforever

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn that would suck to receive one without it them lol to the person who asked if double/triple check with dealer before purchase if you havnt already bought one just in case then

Thanks buddy, and other guy, (don't know how to quote 2 people at a time) I'll definitely make sure they include the Bi-Xenons then..