GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 04:30 PM   #1599
NeedSleep
Senior Member
 
NeedSleep's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Location: USA
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfMKVII View Post
Sorry if this has been answered already, but I'm about to order the tails, but just want to make sure it comes with all the bulbs necessary, and if I can take my led reverse light out of my previous generation led tail lights.

Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All diodes look entirely built in, including the LED reverse light, which is way brighter than the halogens in the stock halogen lights

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
NeedSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 PM   #1600
GolfMKVII
Senior Member
 
Drives: RS GTI PP
Location: Maryland
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSleep View Post
All diodes look entirely built in, including the LED reverse light, which is way brighter than the halogens in the stock halogen lights

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk


Thanks for the info friend


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GolfMKVII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:36 PM   #1601
murtaza911
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 Golf 1.8t Tsi
Location: Ontario Canada
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 446
My lights just shipped today . Hopefully they get here by Monday.
__________________
2016 Tsi 1.8t, 5spd, IS20, JB4, 3" Downpipe, GolfR Intercooler.
murtaza911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:45 PM   #1602
XM_Rocks
Senior Member
 
Drives: '16 GTI SE 6MT w/ LP, PP, DCC (4dr RS)
Location: Austin, TX
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by murtaza911 View Post
My lights just shipped today . Hopefully they get here by Monday.
Same here.

Hopefully my JBale harness gets here soon.
XM_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:55 PM   #1603
TheGreekFreak
Senior Member
 
TheGreekFreak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Tornado Red 6MT GTI Sport
Location: MA
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 360
Ok, final question before I hit "order". Does it look weird to not have the rear fog lights in the space designated for it? I don't plan on ever running anything from the BCM to the tails just to have the rear fogs work but if it looks better to have them there, even if they are not functional, I will do that.

If there isn't a big difference in look, I'll just grab the non-fog versions and be done with it.
__________________
Build Thread
TheGreekFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:58 PM   #1604
TheGreekFreak
Senior Member
 
TheGreekFreak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Tornado Red 6MT GTI Sport
Location: MA
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by crild View Post
Posted in mqb page. Keep in mind source times are garbage from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Also, thank you for this. Just talked with Natalja at e-acca and it got the total for the lights down to $517.76 plus $45.71 shipping = $563.47 all in
__________________
Build Thread
TheGreekFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:18 PM   #1605
crild
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 R
Location: WI
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreekFreak View Post
Also, thank you for this. Just talked with Natalja at e-acca and it got the total for the lights down to $517.76 plus $45.71 shipping = $563.47 all in
Oh thats a solid deal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
crild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:45 PM   #1606
Jersh
Junior Member
 
Drives: '17 GTI SE, '06 M3 Convertible
Location: PA
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 13
Mine are currently "Dispatched" but I don't have any other shipping information yet. So hopefully I will have them sometime next week and the JBale harness shortly after.
Jersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:09 PM   #1607
njswider
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 R DSG
Location: South Jersey
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreekFreak View Post
Ok, final question before I hit "order". Does it look weird to not have the rear fog lights in the space designated for it? I don't plan on ever running anything from the BCM to the tails just to have the rear fogs work but if it looks better to have them there, even if they are not functional, I will do that.

If there isn't a big difference in look, I'll just grab the non-fog versions and be done with it.
I went with the non-fogs, posted a picture of them in post #1451 if you want to check them out. I don't have them on the car yet but it looks like they just made the reverse section larger. I think it looks fine, I will never use rear fogs so that made my decision easier.
njswider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:14 PM   #1608
vandelay300
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfMKVII View Post
Sorry if this has been answered already, but I'm about to order the tails, but just want to make sure it comes with all the bulbs necessary, and if I can take my led reverse light out of my previous generation led tail lights.

Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Shouldn't need any bulbs as far as I know.
vandelay300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:16 PM   #1609
murtaza911
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 Golf 1.8t Tsi
Location: Ontario Canada
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 446
I went with fogs on both sides. JBale suggested going that route even though I'm not running the rear fogs. Easier resale if I ever decide to get rid of them.
__________________
2016 Tsi 1.8t, 5spd, IS20, JB4, 3" Downpipe, GolfR Intercooler.
murtaza911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:17 PM   #1610
vandelay300
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by murtaza911 View Post
I went with fogs on both sides. JBale suggested going that route even though I'm not running the rear fogs. Easier resale if I ever decide to get rid of them.


Do you have the fog light switch? My NA R here in Kansas doesn't have the switch so I went no fog.
vandelay300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:28 PM   #1611
murtaza911
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 Golf 1.8t Tsi
Location: Ontario Canada
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 446
I installed the Euro switch for auto lights. But my car has no fogs since it's a base model 1.8t.
__________________
2016 Tsi 1.8t, 5spd, IS20, JB4, 3" Downpipe, GolfR Intercooler.
murtaza911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:31 PM   #1612
TheGreekFreak
Senior Member
 
TheGreekFreak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Tornado Red 6MT GTI Sport
Location: MA
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by njswider View Post
I went with the non-fogs, posted a picture of them in post #1451 if you want to check them out. I don't have them on the car yet but it looks like they just made the reverse section larger. I think it looks fine, I will never use rear fogs so that made my decision easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murtaza911 View Post
I went with fogs on both sides. JBale suggested going that route even though I'm not running the rear fogs. Easier resale if I ever decide to get rid of them.
Thanks for the input guys. Now I'm even more torn lol why would the resale be easier? Is it because you can sell to people in Europe as well as NA? Never thought of that as a factor...

I'm honestly never planning on wiring the rear fogs. Having the dealer throw in the euro switch plus fogs was enough of a pain. I just want to run Jbale's harness, plug in the lights, code, and be done.
__________________
Build Thread
TheGreekFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:45 PM   #1613
crild
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 R
Location: WI
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreekFreak View Post
Thanks for the input guys. Now I'm even more torn lol why would the resale be easier? Is it because you can sell to people in Europe as well as NA? Never thought of that as a factor...

I'm honestly never planning on wiring the rear fogs. Having the dealer throw in the euro switch plus fogs was enough of a pain. I just want to run Jbale's harness, plug in the lights, code, and be done.
Why is this such a hard decision? Its not legally req in USA. I've only ever seen 1 vehicle with a rear fog and it was a mini.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
crild is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.