GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTI Sport brakes

Antonioni fasano

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone, I am thinking about maybe going with a Sport package GTI, and I really like the bigger brakes which they come with, however I was wondering if anyone knows what is the average price someone would have to pay when they are done and you have to change them? As they are bigger, I guess they are also more expensive.
Thankss

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
+1 I'd check ecs or Rock Auto for pricing. Probably not that much different and as mentioned they should last longer

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Could end up being cheaper when it comes time to replace pads and rotors since there's 10x as many options vs what's available for the standard brakes, especially when looking for upgrades

I am a huge fan of my car's brake pedal feel, very reassuring and responsive.

PP brakes ftw

Agreed. PP brakes are on an entirely different level, especially for this vehicle class.

The extra safety and assurance provided by these brakes may just save you time, money, or even your life on an otherwise avoidable car accident, so don't skimp out by thinking you can save a negligible amount of money on future brake pads.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Hello everyone, I am thinking about maybe going with a Sport package GTI, and I really like the bigger brakes which they come with, however I was wondering if anyone knows what is the average price someone would have to pay when they are done and you have to change them? As they are bigger, I guess they are also more expensive.
Thankss

$675 for every part you'll need to replace them from ECSTuning. Plus labor if you can't do it yourself.

It's worth every penny.

EDIT - My post above is referring to replacing PP rotors/pads once they wear out. I didn't factor in in anything else. I'm sure there are a ton of non-OEM options as well.

Last edited:

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
I priced all the parts last year as I am considering upgrading. The PP wasn't widely available when I bought my car in 2015.

The total parts cost from DAP was about $1850 for front and rear, not including installation. Throw in the diff and stiffer rear sway and the performance pack is probably the best bang for the buck of any accessory package on any car.

I ended up buying EBC sport rotors and yellowstuff pads instead. Pretty happy with them, but they bite a lot sooner and REALLY dig in, so it can be a little jarring in traffic if I'm not paying attention.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
$675 for every part you'll need to replace them from ECSTuning. Plus labor if you can't do it yourself.

It's worth every penny.
That's not bad, considering OE parts for a Touareg with the towing package is like $1500 just for pads, rotors, and caliper pins. Plus 5 hours of labor.

Thanks Brembo.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
If it's not clear to OP, the sport package has the performance pack everyone is talking about (and is the only way to get it now in days), which includes the bigger brakes, a limited slip differential, and slightly bigger rear sway bar. The general consensus as mentioned above is that if you care about these things then the performance pack is a very good deal as the price for all of the upgrades separately is as high as $3000 not including labor.

https://shopdap.com/store/5g0-698-123-a.html
This is what it would take to do the front brakes alone.

I'm not sure how seanmcd found them for $675, that would be cheap enough to make me interested.

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I priced all the parts last year as I am considering upgrading. The PP wasn't widely available when I bought my car in 2015.

The total parts cost from DAP was about $1850 for front and rear, not including installation. Throw in the diff and stiffer rear sway and the performance pack is probably the best bang for the buck of any accessory package on any car.

I ended up buying EBC sport rotors and yellowstuff pads instead. Pretty happy with them, but they bite a lot sooner and REALLY dig in, so it can be a little jarring in traffic if I'm not paying attention.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

In the day not everyone thought the PP was worth getting.
For the money was a must option for me and glad I have.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'm not really sure why you'd buy a new GTI without it.

Availability on the early one is a different story.