GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 LP Headlights

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Diggs,
I'm pretty sure the gap they're referring to is that giant 1" gap where the bumper should meet the headlight, along the bumper/fender seam. The picture shows a facelift bumper on a non facelift car. The distance from wheel well to headlight appears to be about an inch shorter on the 7.5 than on the 7.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
Time to pull out the angle grinder & bondo :p

I think I'll have to stick with a set of reps and retrofit some bi-led projectors.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Diggs,
I'm pretty sure the gap they're referring to is that giant 1" gap where the bumper should meet the headlight, along the bumper/fender seam. The picture shows a facelift bumper on a non facelift car. The distance from wheel well to headlight appears to be about an inch shorter on the 7.5 than on the 7.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

But it's a almost full on side pic and you can none of the tire. To me that means the bumper was not put into place but just resting on the crash bar. Perhaps Adam can come back and confirm that the bumper was fully mated to the car.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
But it's a almost full on side pic and you can none of the tire. To me that means the bumper was not put into place but just resting on the crash bar. Perhaps Adam can come back and confirm that the bumper was fully mated to the car.

Not my photo, so I can't confirm on the details. But I'll take it at face value and believe that it corroborates VW's claim that the bumper, fenders, and lights are all different on the facelift model. See Occam's razor.

takemorepills

Ready to race!

It does look like the bumper cover is covering the tire also....hmmmm

king12sky

Ready to race!
I really hope it's a simple plug and play. Or at least simple coding to retrofit everything once parts becomes easy to obtain state side.

Nsknick

Ready to race!
In all honesty, it will be some time before we find out. I checked the order logs to even see if 2018's could be ordered yet, and nothing is out. I'm hoping after 7/4, more information will come out.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Anyone have access to the Euro ETKA for part numbers?

I am ready to order and be a Guinea pig.

Point

Im almost 100% certain the 7.5 lights won't fit. The 7.5 has launched here in Australia and while I haven't parked the two side-by-side, the 7.5 lights appear more swept back into the fender panels - they're more 'squinted' in appearance.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Im almost 100% certain the 7.5 lights won't fit. The 7.5 has launched here in Australia and while I haven't parked the two side-by-side, the 7.5 lights appear more swept back into the fender panels - they're more 'squinted' in appearance.

I've been saying this all along. New lights are larger and shaped slightly differently. Definitely needs the new fenders and bumper.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I think if anyone had done it then it would be on every forum. VW want to sell cars not parts out of their spares bin so will not make it easy.

jimmyq

it has been done i have seen them on a mk7 fully working but didnt get time to examine the wiring etc i need to know is it it necessary for the car to have the J745 Headlight control unit for these lights to work or can they be powered up without the J745? All the diagrams indicate the can wires running through the j745 to j533