GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Without the nanny it better searches the target filled in table, can also give more than 10 psi on stock map. In Brazil many cars using this configuration with 102ron + 25% Ethanol. The result is amazing for a Piggyback, the cars are running as the best flashes we have here (REVO STG2), plus floor in front of BMW M240i, BMW M235i, EVO X STG2 FBO, new Subaru STI STG2 and much more ...

Quantim0

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
16 GTI and S3
I hate being that guy, but I took a picture of some starting numbers for an absolute map for a DSG car w/ downpipe, but lost the photo. I looked back and bunch of pages and couldn't locate it again. Can anyone provide either a good starting point for a DSG car with a DP/IC on 93 or the absolute values from map 2 so I can work my way up?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I hate being that guy, but I took a picture of some starting numbers for an absolute map for a DSG car w/ downpipe, but lost the photo. I looked back and bunch of pages and couldn't locate it again. Can anyone provide either a good starting point for a DSG car with a DP/IC on 93 or the absolute values from map 2 so I can work my way up?

What gas?

wnaegeli449

Hey guys,

So I picked up a second hand JB4 and installed in my vehicle last night. Install went smoothly but I can't seem to connect to the JB4 with my laptop to switch maps.

For some background, I have a 2016 GTI s 6MT, and I purchased the JB4 which came with a data cable already connected.

I downloaded the USB driver and the JB4 software. I went into my computer and determined which COM port the USB was hooked up to. I selected the correct COM port within the JB4 software but when I go to File->connect after a couple of seconds I get a connection failed message at the top left of the screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

skian

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

So I picked up a second hand JB4 and installed in my vehicle last night. Install went smoothly but I can't seem to connect to the JB4 with my laptop to switch maps.

For some background, I have a 2016 GTI s 6MT, and I purchased the JB4 which came with a data cable already connected.

I downloaded the USB driver and the JB4 software. I went into my computer and determined which COM port the USB was hooked up to. I selected the correct COM port within the JB4 software but when I go to File->connect after a couple of seconds I get a connection failed message at the top left of the screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Perhaps re seat the data cable on jb4 side.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Has anyone experience any pinging during hot weather? Primarily I have noticed this when giving about half throttle, in 3rd gear anywhere between 2500-3k rpm. Does not sound like fuel line rattle, but have not ruled that out. Logs don't show anything as it happens randomly.

Running Map 2, 93 Octance, AFR tapped.

Last edited:

Hunter's_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone experience any pinging during hot weather? Primarily I have noticed this when giving about half throttle, in 3rd gear anywhere between 2500-3k rpm. Does not sound like fuel line rattle, but have not ruled that out. Logs don't show anything as it happens randomly.

Running Map 2, 93 Octance, AFR tapped.
I thought I heard a little something a few days ago when it was around 98° here. It was a split second in 2nd around that rpm range. I was throttling out of a turn and suspected my muffler delete. I checked the next morning and everything was solid there, so it may have been.
What has are you using? I run 2-3 gallons of e85 with 93 from either Shell or Costco.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
noob questions incoming..
If I'm logging with the JB4 software on windows, can I trim logs and stuff? For example, I have a 1 hour commute to work. Can I start logging when I set off, do some pulls during my commute, then click finish when I arrive at work, then later trim the logs to the relevant pulls for analysis later? I have a 1 hour commute, so I don't know if this is too much or if this is no problem. I also don't wanna fumble and click start / stop on my laptop while driving for obvious reasons.

Also, are there any alternatives to running the data cable through the firewall (besides bluetooth)? I'm guessing my only option is to run out the hood and into a window, right? I want to get an intercooler and eventually an IS38, but I think getting into logging would be fruitful for me to actually see the worth of all this hardware. Also suspecting that my setup might be getting heatsoaked after a hard pull (hence the intercooler), or maybe my crappy mood after work is just killing my fun.

Last edited:

penguinsgestapo

Passed Driver's Ed
Couple of things

1. How do I make the view go back to normal. See below.

2. I can't delete my codes. I can't even get it to show the code. All it says is I have one and 465100. What's going on with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk