GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
So I'm looking at the settings for auto rain close from here: https://sites.google.com/a/naturalnetworks.ca/vw-golf-mk7-vcds-how-to/comfort/auto-rain-closing

I've got the top part set for my car and it doesn't close automatically when I spray water on the windshield.

But I've realized that I've never set this setting from there:
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]9 Central Electronics
[*]Rain and light sensor
[*]Byte 0…Enable Bit 2 “Regenschliessen aktiv”. (rain closing active)
[*]Bit 1 should be active too….Regenlicht aktiv (rain light active)
[/LIST]

I'm not sure how to get to that setting from OBD11. Any one have a suggestion?
dub_guy: Like this:-

If you are interested in why this is necessary, the RLS/RLHS/RLFS is what's called a "slave" module. This simply means that the sensor isn't connected directly into the convenience CAN bus, but rather it is connected to the Central electrics module using what's known as LIN protocol - which means that comms between the sernsor and the module happens over a single wire. In OBD11 speak, such arrangements are called "subsystems", so you have to first enter the Central electrics module and then its subsystem and then access thew sensor. Incidentally, the other device in the subsystem screen (i.e. WWS) in my pic is the windshield wiper module which is also LIN.

Don

Last edited:

pitterchi

Ready to race!

If you are interested in why this is necessary, the RLS/RLHS/RLFS is what's called a "slave" module. This simply means that the sensor isn't connected directly into the convenience CAN bus, but rather it is connected to the Central electrics module using what's known as LIN protocol - which means that comms between the sernsor and the module happens over a single wire. In OBD11 speak, such arrangements are called "subsystems", so you have to first enter the Central electrics module and then its subsystem and then access thew sensor. Incidentally, the other device in the subsystem screen (i.e. WWS) in my pic is the windshield wiper module which is also LIN.

Don

Don, you are awesome.

dub_guy

Ready to race!

Don

Thanks Don. I was able to get into the settings, flip the bits, but the auto-rain close still didn't work.

I suspect that there is something else that needs to be set somewhere in the car, as I realized that the menu option for the rain close is not coming up on my car menu, even though I have it set to be there.

BAZ3713

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all
Was wondering if any 1 could give me some info, my friend has an skoda Octavia and he can't connect his phone to the Bluetooth, on the display on the car radio it's saying 'telephone not available' he has an obd eleven pro so is there anything he can do instead of taking the car to a dealer as the car is just out of warranty .

Thanks barry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAZ3713

Passed Driver's Ed
Baz: not sure why LH doesn't work - I assume that you have the light sensor attached to the windscreen (behind the rear vision mirror). But I must have mis-read your requirements, because the purpose of the changes to the last table in my insert was to do just that - "turn-off CH/LH for Dot/Parking Light" (see the last column in the table).My bad

If you want the Parking light (dot) to turn-on with CH/LH, do the following:

Leuchte4TFL LB4- left side Parking light

Lichtfunktion G4 > Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

Lichtfunktion H4 > not active

Dimmwert GH 4 > 100

Dimming Direction GH 4 > maximize

Leuchte5 TFL RB32-right side Parking light

Lichtfunktion G5 > Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

Lichtfunktion G4 > not active

Dimmwert GH 5 > 100

Dimming Direction GH 5 > maximize

Don

Hi don

That's the dark mornings/nights started here in Scotland but I have noticed that my leaving home is working but coming home is NOT have you any ideas.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hi don

That's the dark mornings/nights started here in Scotland but I have noticed that my leaving home is working but coming home is NOT have you any ideas.

Baz: Arrhh...... Scotland - It's on my bucket list!! :)

So, as you will be aware, Coming Home (CH) isn't linked to light sensor at all. That's why Golf mk7s without a RLS/RLHS/RLFS installed can still have the CH function operating.

If you go to adaptations in the Central electrics module @ address hex09 and search for "Comfort Illumination", you should have the boxed set of channels set as per my screenshot below.

If your car has the later version Central electric module, you should search for "Außenlicht" instead of "Comfort Illumination"

Then it's just a case of flashing the high-beam stalk before you open the driver door and the CH lights should stay on for 10 seconds after the last door is closed (including the hatch). You can vary the on-time in the MENU screen on the MIB unit (under "Lights")

Don

BAZ3713

Passed Driver's Ed
Baz: Arrhh...... Scotland - It's on my bucket list!! :)

So, as you will be aware, Coming Home (CH) isn't linked to light sensor at all. That's why Golf mk7s without a RLS/RLHS/RLFS installed can still have the CH function operating.

If you go to adaptations in the Central electrics module @ address hex09 and search for "Comfort Illumination", you should have the boxed set of channels set as per my screenshot below.

If your car has the later version Central electric module, you should search for "Außenlicht" instead of "Comfort Illumination"

Then it's just a case of flashing the high-beam stalk before you open the driver door and the CH lights should stay on for 10 seconds after the last door is closed (including the hatch). You can vary the on-time in the MENU screen on the MIB unit (under "Lights")

Don

Ok thanks don,

Both L/H and C/H we're working before i changed all the settings that we spoke about a few weeks back.

Baz

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I just installed a set of BEC LED tails that I purchased used from a member. They came with the BEC harness as well which I haven't installed yet. I know there is a coding needed to be performed once the harness installed. Will that coding incorporate the inner tails to come on during braking or is it a completely different coding for that? I know it has been discussed before even in this thread but with over 2k posts I can't find it. Would greatly appreciate if someone could confirm or link me to that info.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I just installed a set of BEC LED tails that I purchased used from a member. They came with the BEC harness as well which I haven't installed yet. I know there is a coding needed to be performed once the harness installed. Will that coding incorporate the inner tails to come on during braking or is it a completely different coding for that? I know it has been discussed before even in this thread but with over 2k posts I can't find it. Would greatly appreciate if someone could confirm or link me to that info.

The BEC Harness were designed to copy OEM LED tail light functions. Which is, outer only when braking.

You can probably code it so both inner and outer light up but there was a previous discussion how the inner one lights up a bit delayed.

So yes, slightly different coding.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
The BEC Harness were designed to copy OEM LED tail light functions. Which is, outer only when braking.

You can probably code it so both inner and outer light up but there was a previous discussion how the inner one lights up a bit delayed.

So yes, slightly different coding.
Thank you, yes I'm aware. Just wanted to confirm what that coding is. Is it post #1978?

Last edited:

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Thanks! I have 2017 model so wonder if those instructions would apply to me as mentioned in the second to the last post in that thread.

Sorry, not familiar with how it works for 2017 models.

Murf: Yep - that's entirely doable! Assuming that the DRLs in your car are angel-eyes (like the Beamer), try this:

OBD11 Instructions: Front DRLs flash with lock/unlock

If the car has LED "angel-eyes" headlight fittings:
1. Select Central electrics module @ address hex09
2. Select security access
3. Enter the magic number 31347
4. Select adaptations
5. For a late-model module search for Außenlicht_Blinker. If you have an early-model module, search for Dyn. turn signal modes
6. Select Warnblinken_Zuendung_EIN change to active
7. Select Warnblinken_Zuendung_AUS change to active
8. Search for Leuchte2SL VLB10 (this is the left-side angel-eye)
9. Select Lichtfunktion G 2. ONLY IF THE VALUE IS not active, change to Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
10. Select Dimmwert GH 2, change value to 100 (default 0)
11. Search for Leuchte3SL VRB21 (this is the right-side angel-eye)
12. Select Lichtfunktion G 3. ONLY IF THE VALUE IS not active, change to Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
13. Select Dimmwert GH 3, change value to 100 (default 0)

If the car has incandescent headlight fittings:
1. Swap reference to Leuchte2SL VLB10 to Leuchte4TFL LB4 (note: Lichtfunktion G 2 becomes Lichtfunktion G 4 and Dimmwert GH 2 becomes Dimmwert GH 4)
2. Swap reference to Leuchte3SL VRB21 to Leuchte5 TFL RB32 (note: Lichtfunktion G 3 becomes Lichtfunktion G 5 and Dimmwert GH 3, becomes Dimmwert GH 5)

Don

EDIT: In the first version of this tweak, it was necessary to deactivate DRL Wink (because it conflicted with the lock/unlock acknowledgement function). The instructions have subsequently been re-written to allow retention of DRL Wink in those cars that have it activated.

Has anyone got this to work? If I'm reading it correctly, it's supposed to flash the 'U' DRLs on lock/unlock right? Just like the turn signals.

I tried it on mine but no luck.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
So I have a good question for fellow OBDEleven users... I inadvertently forgot that upplugging my battery will reset OBDII readiness for emissions while I was installing my motor/trans mounts. Anyways as you can imagine I need to get my car inspected. I know in VCDS there is a way to run the tests without going through the crazy VW drive cycle. I've found some of the options under "(03) Engine Module - Basic Settings" to run tests I'm just not sure which ones to run to show readiness tests as completed. Could someone assist me with this?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry, not familiar with how it works for 2017 models.

Has anyone got this to work? If I'm reading it correctly, it's supposed to flash the 'U' DRLs on lock/unlock right? Just like the turn signals.

I tried it on mine but no luck.

Derushi: hmm......... there's lots of variations in the Leuchte-set applications across all light fittings in each part of the world in which VW sells their mk7s

If the tweak didn't work - reset all the Leuchte2SL VLB10 and Leuchte3SL VRB21 channels settings back to their original values and try this instead:

OBD11 Instructions: Front "U" DRLs (angel-eyes) flash with lock/unlock - Alternate instructions!

1. Select Central electrics module @ address hex09
2. Select security access
3. Enter the magic number 31347
4. Select adaptations

5. For a late-model module search for Außenlicht_Blinker. If you have an early-model module, search for Dyn. turn signal modes
6. Select Warnblinken_Zuendung_EIN change to active
7. Select Warnblinken_Zuendung_AUS change to active

8. Search for Leuchte4TFL LB4 (this is the left-side angel-eye)
9. Select Lichtfunktion G 4. ONLY IF THE VALUE IS not active, change to Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
10. Select Dimmwert GH 4, change value to 100 (default 0)

11. Search for Leuchte5 TFL RB32 (this is the right-side angel-eye)
12. Select Lichtfunktion G 5. ONLY IF THE VALUE IS not active, change to Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
13. Select Dimmwert GH 5, change value to 100 (default 0)

Don

Last edited: