GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb tuning yay or nay?

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Has anyone seen a list anywhere of the OTS stages figures on a dyno & the requirements for the stages?

Usually with Uni & APR you need a downpipe for stage 2 but Cobb is less aggressive so i'm not sure if i'd be able to run stage 2 with an R600 intake & turbo inlet pipe & no downpipe. I'm not ready for protune yet but I wanna try the highest stage I can run with my current setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobb does their stages differently than others in the VW market and follows the same logic they do with other platforms.

Stage 1 - intake filter only
Stage 1+ - intake only
Stage 2 - Stage 1 plus FMIC
Stage 3 - Stage 2 plus Donwpipe

Aftermarket Cat back exhaust can be ran on any of these stages, but is not required.

White Baron

Passed Driver's Ed
Cobb Tuning Yay or Nay?

I purchased the Cobb AP.

They said they loaded a custom tune for me.

Used it for a month and sent it back.

It had issues loading and would stop and throw codes.

ECU made weird noise while loading.

As far as driving it, not impressed at all. My GTI was no longer my GTI. Felt weird. Not as fine a driver as stock ECU.

Data logging is not for me. It is what I feel when driving it.

When I deleted the tune and loaded back the stock ECU settings, I had MY GTI back.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
I purchased the Cobb AP.

They said they loaded a custom tune for me.

Used it for a month and sent it back.

It had issues loading and would stop and throw codes.

ECU made weird noise while loading.

As far as driving it, not impressed at all. My GTI was no longer my GTI. Felt weird. Not as fine a driver as stock ECU.

Data logging is not for me. It is what I feel when driving it.

When I deleted the tune and loaded back the stock ECU settings, I had MY GTI back.
LOL That's what the ecu flash process does.. noises, blinking lights, errors etc. So you didnt let the intial 20-25minute process complete? Never heard of someone on Cobb running worse than stock.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
LOL That's what the ecu flash process does.. noises, blinking lights, errors etc. So you didnt let the intial 20-25minute process complete? Never heard of someone on Cobb running worse than stock.

"custom tune" was loaded. I think he means OTS (must have been a shitty tune?). But yea sounds kinda, odd. actually sounds kinda silly actually.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie

Lol yeah scared the crap outta me the first time, but I let it finish. And then MY GTI was ALIVE!! [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
were doing the install with the car in ACC mode and not running? The initial install takes 20-30 minutes to complete and it will make all sorts of noises, and lights flashing.
The entire point of datalogging is to get the car to feel the way you want it to feel. It allows the tuner to know how the car is running and compare that with how you want it to run.

White Baron

Passed Driver's Ed

Sure I let it complete. Took 3 tries.

Just didn't like it.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
I purchased the Cobb AP... Used it for a month and sent it back...When I deleted the tune and loaded back the stock ECU settings, I had MY GTI back.
I think we're fortunate to have a tool like this we can return or resell if it doesn't work out for some reason.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone rocking the a IS38 Cobb pro tune with eurodyne DSG TCU? any comments on how it feels or how it hold the power?

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone rocking the a IS38 Cobb pro tune with eurodyne DSG TCU? any comments on how it feels or how it hold the power?
They're different units, so you can tune them individually. But unless something has drastically changed recently, most people with the eurodyne tcu tune do not recommend it.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
They're different units, so you can tune them individually. But unless something has drastically changed recently, most people with the eurodyne tcu tune do not recommend it.

From what i have seen i wouldn't he Ed TCU either