GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

is38 question

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
going is38 with apr on friday...my question is this...is there a break in period with this or can you go balls out?

I believe there is no break in period needed after the initial prep and then idle for 10 min to let oil flow.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep turbos don't require a break-in. That being said, I just installed mine last weekend and I'm taking it easy the first 100 miles. It's more to make sure there are no leaks or anything unusual going on with it.

When I prepped my turbo, I disconnected the hpfp and coils. I manually turned the crank at least 30 times then cranked it with everything disconnected for about 3 seconds 5 times. Can never be too safe about getting oil through the turbo first!

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Yep turbos don't require a break-in. That being said, I just installed mine last weekend and I'm taking it easy the first 100 miles. It's more to make sure there are no leaks or anything unusual going on with it.

When I prepped my turbo, I disconnected the hpfp and coils. I manually turned the crank at least 30 times then cranked it with everything disconnected for about 3 seconds 5 times. Can never be too safe about getting oil through the turbo first!

im having a very reputable shop do mine...they have done amazing work for multiple people i know...ill baby it for the travel home and the next few days after just to make sure it is all good

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
The more I get on it then bit the more I'm loving it. I thought DD would suffer with loss of low end power, but I actually think it's better. I drive the same road every day for work for 5 years so I know exactly what throttle input and downshift it takes where and seems like she's just got a hair more power even low end without boosting more.