GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Deep Black Pearl GTI / Golf Thread

acapvwgti

Ready to race!

Car looks good but damn bro it's swirled out lol

sawthetha

Passed Driver's Ed
Just picked her up last night! Within less than 12 hours got the windows tinted and already have some other goodies lined up. Red Corvette Z06 in the background is what she's replacing.

Did you get the red grill strip blacked out while you got the tints? It's a subtle little thing, but it really made me look twice! I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get the red grill strip blacked out while you got the tints? It's a subtle little thing, but it really made me look twice! I love it!

Thank you! And I actually covered the red line with electrical tape just to see what it looks like. Since I like it so much I am going to get it done right and wrap it. Now if only there was an easy way to get rid of the red line in the headlights!

Mcdubs417

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you! And I actually covered the red line with electrical tape just to see what it looks like. Since I like it so much I am going to get it done right and wrap it. Now if only there was an easy way to get rid of the red line in the headlights!

I'm in the same boat, just bought a 16 autobahn that has been modified (apr stage 2) and am on the fence about changing up the exterior mods. Previous owner shaved all the badges and removed the red stripe from the grill. I personally would like no red stripe at all, but it has grown on me as a signature of the gti. I'm also feeling like I should embrace the red stripe or not have it at all. Have been thinking about getting this:
https://www.urotuning.com/Golf-R-St...2eWoUrwFnMk9vfAEHzQmdBzAmTe18M3hoCEBIQAvD_BwE
and maybe adding a red GTI badge to the back. I wasn't a fan of the badgeless look, but it has grown on me as well.
I'll also be getting wheels and tires as my first order of business.
(Tried to add pics, but I guess phone pictures are too large?)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 1,967
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 2,043
Last edited:
A few minor exterior changes- matte black VW front and rear emblems. removed front license plate (not sure if I'll leave it off since there are 3 1/4" holes and 2 small screw holes :mad: ) and removed rear GTI badge and plastidipped black the front GTI badge. Still playing around with it. Also just ordered a set of 18" Enkei Raijin wheels in Hyper Silver with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires. Can't wait to get those on!

Also throwing around this idea (the vinyl flat black wrap on the rear quarter panel)- I kind of like it, but still on the fence. Reminds me of the side blade on the Audi R8s when they first came out. What do you guys think?

KlipZ

Ready to race!
Also throwing around this idea (the vinyl flat black wrap on the rear quarter panel)- I kind of like it, but still on the fence. Reminds me of the side blade on the Audi R8s when they first came out. What do you guys think?

Swore up and down i would do this over the summer. I haven't and still wish i would. I like it.

SM075180

Ready to race!
I'm in the same boat, just bought a 16 autobahn that has been modified (apr stage 2) and am on the fence about changing up the exterior mods. Previous owner shaved all the badges and removed the red stripe from the grill. I personally would like no red stripe at all, but it has grown on me as a signature of the gti. I'm also feeling like I should embrace the red stripe or not have it at all. Have been thinking about getting this:

https://www.urotuning.com/Golf-R-St...2eWoUrwFnMk9vfAEHzQmdBzAmTe18M3hoCEBIQAvD_BwE

and maybe adding a red GTI badge to the back. I wasn't a fan of the badgeless look, but it has grown on me as well.

I'll also be getting wheels and tires as my first order of business.

(Tried to add pics, but I guess phone pictures are too large?)

Hey just a welfare check for your new toy. I have a 2017 SE so things could be different but... You sure that’s an autobahn GTI? I bring it up because it seems to be missing the drive assist sensors which should be in the bumpers and from what I know the GTI has little fins along the side of the rear glass as little “legs” from the spoiler thing and should have a sunroof at that trim level?

I’ll hope you already know but couldn’t not say something... maybe I’m dumb. I hope I am...

Cheers!

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Finally get to join in. I'll try and keep her stock as long as possible :D
Her name is Ygritte
Picked her up yesterday afternoon

Mcdubs417

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey just a welfare check for your new toy. I have a 2017 SE so things could be different but... You sure that’s an autobahn GTI? I bring it up because it seems to be missing the drive assist sensors which should be in the bumpers and from what I know the GTI has little fins along the side of the rear glass as little “legs” from the spoiler thing and should have a sunroof at that trim level?

I’ll hope you already know but couldn’t not say something... maybe I’m dumb. I hope I am...

Cheers!

You're right! It's a 16 SE. It does have the nav and sun roof, but no driver assistance or rear spoiler "legs". I got swindled!

Last edited:

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie

I like it. IMHO, it's the only add-on that "works" on a Golf. I don't know whether I'd like it on a light-colored Golf, but I think it would look excellent on, say, metallic grey one.

And, btw, is this a DIY, or is it available commercially?