Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Looking good man. Making me think about that roof wrap... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will look great on red.
Do it.
It was like putting a tuxedo on the car.
Looks dressed up after.
Not a big cost but big impact.
I think glossies CF would also be nice.
The guy who installed my film warned about CF.
If it gets old may be hard to get off. Pulls in small pieces.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Looking good man. Making me think about that roof wrap... [emoji848]

Just as sandman said... It'll look GREAT!
One of the guys in my local vw group has a super clean red mk5 GTI with a black vinyl roof wrap that looks very good indeed!

spiker369

on air, don't care
It will look great on red.
Do it.
It was like putting a tuxedo on the car.
Looks dressed up after.
Not a big cost but big impact.
I think glossies CF would also be nice.
The guy who installed my film warned about CF.
If it gets old may be hard to get off. Pulls in small pieces.

Hows the heat difference inside? Coming to a PW from a CSG mk6, I noticed this car stays a lot cooler in the South Florida sun even with the half black roof from the pano roof. Tempted to finish what VW started and wrap the back half but not sure I want to if it'll make the car significantly hotter. :confused:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Hows the heat difference inside? Coming to a PW from a CSG mk6, I noticed this car stays a lot cooler in the South Florida sun even with the half black roof from the pano roof. Tempted to finish what VW started and wrap the back half but not sure I want to if it'll make the car significantly hotter. :confused:

I did not notice any change when the back was wrapped gloss black.
Even before the sunroof is not bad. I did early on when car was tinted with CXP Carbon film (blocks 50% IR heat) had the sunroof and windshield tinted with 70%. I think the windshield helped the most. The rest of the car tinted at 35%.
The only thing I would change is the hatch to 20% to block lifted truck lights since the owners do not know how to adjust headlights after a lift.

Only negative I found to film on windshield is from the guy who wrapped my roof. Adding a layer of film to glass can make it stronger. If you had an accident or hit someone and they hit windshield the glass may or may not break as easy. FYI.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Grass "low" lol

eddiekranc

Ready to race!
Your thoughts, people: my neighbour has a 2015 pure white R, and he's done this to it.

Personally I think that's an abomination...

I myself have a pure white GT diesel DSG and a pure white GTI PP on order [emoji16]

I wouldn't mind this at night lol like a glow in the dark pure white wrap but still idk lol I love my white. I am dying for a nardo grey wrap tho

Polish Rifle

New Claws

The fast rabbit got new summer claws today. Extremely happy with the look and the car handling seems much more responsive.

Wheel specs: Enkei TY-5, 18x8, et45 in Hyper Silver
Tires: Pirelli P Zero Nero GT, 225/40ZR18, Max Performance Summer

Attachments

• Resized 1.jpg
    Resized 1.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 1,405
  • Resized 2.jpg
    Resized 2.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 1,405
  • Resized 3.jpg
    Resized 3.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 1,398
  • Resized 4.jpg
    Resized 4.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 1,387
  • Resized 5.jpg
    Resized 5.jpg
    620.5 KB · Views: 1,392
  • Resized 6.jpg
    Resized 6.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 1,397
  • Resized 7.jpg
    Resized 7.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 1,385

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
After a heart attack a few weeks ago at age 32 without any family history and good blood work results for the past 10 years I've decided to post alot more instead of viewing alone!

Since I've been stented i came to a realization and choose to mod and enjoy life over being conservative and living life as a stock MK7. Coming from a full bolt-on B8 S4, it feels good to wrench again and to make my GTi evolve into something unique and something that I enjoy!

After having nothing but white cars (except for 1 out of the 5 past cars I've previously purchased) here's a pic of my wife's S3 faced off with the GTi and two others of just the GTi!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

tknj99

Ready to race!
After a heart attack a few weeks ago at age 32 without any family history and good blood work results for the past 10 years I've decided to post alot more instead of viewing alone!

Since I've been stented i came to a realization and choose to mod and enjoy life over being conservative and living life as a stock MK7. Coming from a full bolt-on B8 S4, it feels good to wrench again and to make my GTi evolve into something unique and something that I enjoy!

I'm sorry to hear of that but happy for you to make the life perspective change.. i wholeheartedly agree.. i try to balance good eating habits with riskier things like riding a motorcycle and being happy go lucky and not stressing over things, but in the end when its our time its our time, and if heath issues, such as heart attack, cancer from chemicals and pesticides in everything, etc don't get us, then the current state of affairs in the world with global warming, endless wars, nuclear proliferation, Illuminati plans, etc certainly will...
Good luck with your future mods and have fun!

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Thank you tknj99, i appreciate the kind words and your insight.

With all the craziness in the world and all these artificial, hormone laced foods thank goodness for our GTis. Such a fun car that doesn't break the bank, i can completely enjoy the drive as that driver seat is one of my places of Zen where I can temporarily forget about everything that is wrong with the world.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk