GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dinantronics

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
While looking at the item on you website it appears that it discusses the history of the brand but does not specifically discuss the hp / tq benefits which this module has or the different maps associated with the module.

While I am sure this is what the Dinan wrote, it doesn't make sense not to list the increase in psi or hp / tq as the Neuspeed module your company sells does.

Power is directly proportional to boost pressure. It's set at 2, 3 and 4 PSI over stock, and also bypass (0) and valet (-3).

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
We stock these and haven't had anyone bite the bullet yet.
Yeah I'm thinking it has to be the minimal gains. For 70 more the Npm or jb1 does a bit more. I think the app is a cool feature though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
no. But I did get wait list for refurbs.
Please try it and send it back :D

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I'm thinking it has to be the minimal gains. For 70 more the Npm or jb1 does a bit more. I think the app is a cool feature though.

The NPM works on the same principle as this. Two boost sensors are biased at a fixed rate.
JB1 over this see's rpm so it created a per rpm boost add as well as adds more fuel to the fuel rail. JB4 is in a different league.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
The NPM works on the same principle as this. Two boost sensors are biased at a fixed rate.
JB1 over this see's rpm so it created a per rpm boost add as well as adds more fuel to the fuel rail. JB4 is in a different league.
Very cool George.

I think the JB1 might be the way to go. I don't think I will go crazy with a custom map. But if I want too JB1 let's you have a little fun. Overall I'd just like to see a small but noticeable bump over stock power which is not too bad IMO.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
To me, price is the issue. This might fit me at a lower price.

I think I can live with modest gains around 25-50 hp and still achieve meaningful improvement.

I don't see myself tweaking a jb1 / jb4 unless it could lead to an 87 octane map that gave meaningful power. Adding fast map switching pushes up the price.

APR has the higher warranty risk. Might eventually consider taking the risk if they offer map switching down the road (our APR dealer says stay tuned).

So I like this idea at around $200.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
To me, price is the issue. This might fit me at a lower price.

I think I can live with modest gains around 25-50 hp and still achieve meaningful improvement.

I don't see myself tweaking a jb1 / jb4 unless it could lead to an 87 octane map that gave meaningful power. Adding fast map switching pushes up the price.

APR has the higher warranty risk. Might eventually consider taking the risk if they offer map switching down the road (our APR dealer says stay tuned).

So I like this idea at around $200.

I'm assuming you're gti since they have ability to run 87/91...im sure if you're running 87, you can log with jb4 and send it to George and he should be able to help with map 6 settings.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I'm assuming you're gti since they have ability to run 87/91...im sure if you're running 87, you can log with jb4 and send it to George and he should be able to help with map 6 settings.
1.8 tsi. I suppose George could :)

rr1santos

Ready to race!

acusano17

I own the dinantronics module on my mk7 1.8tsi and the module does not communicate with my phone . I am very annoyed with it because it's basically like I have over 200$ sitting in the car with no use . Honestly they need to figure out what's their problem is orelse I'll probably throw it away

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

sherbet

Ready to race!
Bringing this one back!

Let me preface this by mentioning that I have extensive experience modding VAG cars and when I stumbled across a used dinantronics tuner on here for $100, how could I go wrong? The install took about 15 min total and my phone instantly paired up with the module.

After about 3500 miles of driving with the dinan tuner as well as a simple ECS intake setup, the tuner definitely makes a very noticeable increase in power. I have tried all 4 modes (Valet, Sport, Sport +, and Race. I feel valet is very unnecessary as the car isn’t exactly a hot rod in stock mode, let alone with 3psi lower boost pressure. Sport mode is fairly unnecessary as well, the stock ECU compensates for climate and operating conditions anyways and sport mode really makes a negligible difference. Sport + on 91 octane is where the changes begin to become apparent. I would say sport + feels like a 20-25 hp increase, but because the tuner operates simply based on load and (unlike Jb4/flash tunes which also have remapped timing and fuel maps) doesn’t really start to become noticeable until around 3k rpms in 3rd gear. 1-2 feel quicker but 3rd gear and beyond pull significantly better than stock. Dinan recommends 93 oct. for race mode but I like to live on the wild side and mix 3 gal of E85 into my tank of 91 (~3 gal E: 8 gal 91). I have been Doing this for a while and drive the car hard and have had zero issues, zero CEL’s, and no knock or pre detonation (to my knowledge). It also has the added benefit of cooling the combustion temps slightly which is always welcome in boosted applications. Race mode with a small mix of E85 is quite noticeably a lot faster. Easily 35hp, if not more. A 50-60mph roll on in 3rd gear actually pulls now, as opposed to stock which feels very numb.

Unfortunately I don’t have any video evidence but my close friend has a mk7 4motion sportwagen with a Uni Stg. 1 tune and 034 intake. His car is easily a few hundred lb. heavier than my base, FWD, golf hatch, however..in 4-5 runs from around 40,50,60 mph to 125+ I instantly jumped ahead of him and held about a car length in front of him until my governor hit at 125. The flash clearly makes more power and I feel without the governor he probably would have started pulling on me above 130 but the fact that I was able to pull away from him and hold him off was impressive to me. FWIW, I raced him a few moths back in a stock GTI and he took me by a fender....meaning my car is about on par with a stock GTI. Granted I got mine used, but for $200 all in with intake and tuner, I’m incredibly stoked to have gained probably about 40-45chp. If I decide to keep the car at lease end I want more power, and will no doubt flash to stage 1, but for the time being, this mod satisfied my need to mess with something.

I’ve seen very little info on this tuner and most of it negative or neutral. Yes, the boost gauge function on the app is utterly useless, but who cares, 13-14psi isn’t exactly big boost and doesn’t need constant monitoring like my B5 S4, which is running 25psi on big boy snails.

fabric8

Passed Driver's Ed
(unlike Jb4/flash tunes which also have remapped timing and fuel maps)

FYI, the JB4 has no timing control. Just boost and AFR.

And I share the same opinion as you on the Dinantronics sport tuner. It's a great bang for your buck mod. The Dinan, Neuspeed Power Module and JB1 left on MAP 1 are all basically the same. They are simple plug-n-play solutions that tap into the boost sensor to fool the ECU causing it to slightly raise boost levels.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Has anyone stacked one of these on a tune? Just thinking of getting one and running this on sport mode with apr stage 1 when running e30. Just curious if it would just result in a cel.