GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear trunk lid cleaning

DejaEntendu

Ready to race!
Any detailers out there on this board? Had my Windows tinted and they did a bad job so they removed the rear tint to reapply and got this sticky residue all over my trunk lid. Any way to get it off/out with out messing up the texture of the lid. I can see where they tried to scrub some of it and it's all raised and ruffed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DejaEntendu

Ready to race!
I've tried letting them handle it but I've already taken several hours over the course of several days to get the tint alone fixed. I've given up on dealing with the company.

I was hoping there was a cleaning product or something someone might know about that would "lift" it off without having to scrub. IDK, just figured I would ask.

thanks for the input!

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Try asking around to a few other tint shops or forums, ask them if they know what the residue would be and how to get rid of it. If the shop that did it is clueless and you don't want them involved that would be my next step.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
$368.22 from the link I posted. Probably available much cheaper elsewhere.

eaglekeeper

Passed Driver's Ed
I had to find one a few months ago, advertised on this site in classifieds and paid around $100 for one. They're out there. Good luck...