GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 FL Tail Harness

king12sky

Ready to race!
I think eventually when the FL GTI lands stateside we should be able to source for parts cheaper. But i think the cluster has to be new regardless because its saying over a certain mileage you can carry your current mileage over.

amlmkv1

Ready to race!
I think eventually when the FL GTI lands stateside we should be able to source for parts cheaper. But i think the cluster has to be new regardless because its saying over a certain mileage you can carry your current mileage over.
I think it can be rolled back but then again this is new tech so I'm not sure if it's like the color clusters. The older clusters after couple thousand miles couldn't be installed but people have indy shops roll back the odometer to 0 and then install. Mine had 0 miles so no problem :)

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

H22hatch

Ready to race!
I have been chasing this virtual cockpit cluster thing for a little while now. Mind posting the vortex link?

Also wonder if Discover Pro is really required? I mean if you have a US car with NAV, that should be enough right?

hulksu

Car(s)
(sold) '17 GTI SE
I apologize if I missed this, but I combed this and the other 7.5 tails thread and I am still unsure.

Does the JBale harness include everything needed to go from stock halogen to 7.5 FL, or do I need the DAP or similar harness to run the wires into the hatch?

Thanks.

paul_elstak

Passed Driver's Ed
Harness DIY

All,

Same post as in the big thread about mk7.5 LED TL.

So first off all great news that this upgrade is possible since I really like the new tails and I can sell my current MK 7 LED tail.

Basics are clear, parts, harness and coding.
- parts its clear for me, already ordered them via CAR245
- Coding should be doable, once I got them.
- Harness, unfortunately JBale don't make them for EU and so the only option is
from Audiamant.

265EUR for that harness looks a bit high (I guess) so I taught why not make it our self, I don't see any discussion about this yet.

We have
- 8 connectors (8 the same?-->1k8972928)
- some wires, 5 colors (20 awg = 0,5^2 flexible
- a bit of electronics, probably some resistors and capacitor

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...81bf3a9a89.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...944056a550.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...844960a4b6.jpg

So the last part is a bit uncertain so that would be the challenge, When I look at the picture of Crild it doesn't look very complicated right?

Anyone interested and have some additions?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Jbale harness is all you need.

Great news. That makes things a whole lot easier. Thanks for confirming.

How does one order Jeremy's adapters?

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
How do these differ from Jeremy's?
The first post of the main tails thread has been updated with more info for retrofitting: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=402076

Personally if I were you, I'd go with Jeremy's harness since you're both in Canada. I went with his harness, which is the cheapest option so far, and I'm very happy with the quality of his work and the clarity of the instructions he provided.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The first post of the main tails thread has been updated with more info for retrofitting: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=402076

Personally if I were you, I'd go with Jeremy's harness since you're both in Canada. I went with his harness, which is the cheapest option so far, and I'm very happy with the quality of his work and the clarity of the instructions he provided.

Thanks very much for the prompt response. Much appreciated! I was involved in throwing part numbers in the main thread back in page 4/5. It's like 148 pages now!

I prefer e-acca even if a bit more than cars245. Better communication and FedEx shipping. Bought my CSS muffler and power folding mirrors from them.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Thanks very much for the prompt response. Much appreciated! I was involved in throwing part numbers in the main thread back in page 4/5. It's like 148 pages now!

I prefer e-acca even if a bit more than cars245. Better communication and FedEx shipping. Bought my CSS muffler and power folding mirrors from them.
I had to return the favor. Before that first post was updated, I actually got the tail light part numbers from one of your posts on there when I ordered from Cars245 LOL. I hope you have good luck with E-acca. Compared to Cars245, they were (are?) having difficulty acquiring the tail lights.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I had to return the favor. Before that first post was updated, I actually got the tail light part numbers from one of your posts on there when I ordered from Cars245 LOL. I hope you have good luck with E-acca. Compared to Cars245, they were (are?) having difficulty acquiring the tail lights.

Natalja at e-acca is great. If they don't have access to them she will let me know right away.

Again, very considerate of you to return the favour (Canadian spelling)...

Cheers!