GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blind Spot Monitor

SnowLeopard

I recently purchased a new Golf MK7 with blind spot monitor to realize it doesn't give audible alert when another car in the blind spot. However, it does give audible alert for rear traffic when backing up which I guess use same sensors. Is there any setting to enable audible alert for blind spot monitor?

italynstylion

Ready to race!
Good question. I noticed the same thing. My wife's Mazda had it so it would light up in the mirror if there was someone in your blind spot and if your blinker was on and the same thing happened it would beep at you too.

mad_sb

Passed Driver's Ed
Bumping this because WTF VW, my 17 kia had audible warning if you hit the turn signal and an object was detected in the blind spot. If you did not hit the blinker, it just lights up when an object is in the blind spot like the VW. Seems like such a simple thing...

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
It won't alert you (more than the visual alert) and you can't code it (via a tweak) to do so. They did it on purpose and I'm glad they did.

mad_sb

Passed Driver's Ed
It won't alert you (more than the visual alert) and you can't code it (via a tweak) to do so. They did it on purpose and I'm glad they did.

whats the point of having BSM / LCA if you have to focus on that 1/2" square of the mirror to see if anything is in the blindspot, that just distracts you from actually looking at what is in the mirror. It would be more effective to have a wide angle mirror instead of a stupid little light on a standard mirror.

Don't get me wrong, I still look over my shoulder my point is just that the current design seems self defeating.

I guess it doesn't matter much since most people don't even bother using blinkers in socal.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R