GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Minor Claying

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Had a few bird droppings I forgot to clean off. They were really bad but I managed to buff them off with a cloth ball in a cordless drill. I used ordinary car wax and buffed them for only a few seconds at a time until they finally disappeared. Still took a lot of effort.

Would clay be easier? I was going to buy some for the next time but auto supply stores only sell $25 kits to do an entire car. Is there a source for smaller amounts?

armedferret

Ready to race!
Had a few bird droppings I forgot to clean off. They were really bad but I managed to buff them off with a cloth ball in a cordless drill. I used ordinary car wax and buffed them for only a few seconds at a time until they finally disappeared. Still took a lot of effort.

Would clay be easier? I was going to buy some for the next time but auto supply stores only sell $25 kits to do an entire car. Is there a source for smaller amounts?

There's a website called "amazon" that sells all manner of things, to include individual clay bars!

More information here.

Billy Baldone1

Ready to race!
No. A clay bar is not what you need for the task of bird droppings. If left for any amount of time, they start to etch into your clear coat. What you need is a light to medium polish with a dual action polisher. The one from Harbor Freight is fine for what you will use it for..

mattd502

Ready to race!
I always use a claybar on baked in bird shit and it takes it right out , hit it with some spray wax after and you're golden with minimum effort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
And yet here we are in your thread asking about where to buy it.... /shrug

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
If the bird dropping is on the car, no clay, a waterless wash or a generous amount of QD and a microfiber is your best bet. My issue with taking a clay bar to a bird dropping is that bird dropping in going to be between the clay and the clear, grinding it into the clear.

If the bird droppings etched the paint due to being left on, clay won't fix, polishing(abrasive methods) will.