GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cooling issues on the track

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
So I have come to two conclusions for my issue.

1. Is the altitude does not help because of the lack of air destiny reducing the ability to dissipate heat from the radiator.

2. Is the aftermarket intercooler is prohibiting sufficient air to travel to the radiator. This is a problem Tyrolsport acknowledges.

So it looks like an aftermarket radiator is in the cards.

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
Those two factors combined would certainly do it. What sort of power level are you at? Been curious how much higher temps will rise when I go down that rabbit hole a bit down the road.

Any luck finding reasonable aftermarket radiators? With my previous cars (Subarus), Misihimoto was the easy go-to when radiators would inevitably pop, and had much better cooling capability than stock. They don't make any for our cars and I can't really find any options.

Probably second, as the more heat the IC transfers from charged to the environmental air, the
hotter the latter is getting, and the less it's able from suck heat from the radiator and coolant.

I'd go OE auxiliary heaters. They do work on the R and they certainly will do the same on a GTI.
The only downsides are cost + you'll need to gain the necessary space, but other solutions will
likely entail very similar challenges.

On a side note: Did anyone consider using the TDI fuel radiator for engine oil cooling duties? TDI
Golfs use or used (I remember the Mk5 TDI had) to have one below the passenger seat. It looked
like an amplier heatsink.

Btw, I remember Mishimoto making a radiator for the Mk.5 and 6.

Last edited: