GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Filters & Pollen/Cabin Filters

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Here is some info on a pre filter cabin filter one can install.

Forum Member Sabo has more info on his build thread.

Info below and link at bottom.
Easy mod.

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

I first learned of this mod from a forum member who owned a Light blue Golf Wagon. I do not recall his forum name but I know he was outside the USA. Most of my info I have is from Forum Member "SABO" who hooked me up with a new Pre Filter Housing and 1 filter. This mod is not that hard to do but might be a big help in keeping the cabin filter fresh and reduce any bad smells long term in the car. What the pre filter collects, bugs, pollen, etc. will be more outside the car and might help keep the smell out also. This snorkel housing is located under the cowl, bottom of the windshield on the passenger side.

Giving "Sabo" the credit here is a link to his build page where he has listed the part info and link to purchase.

Not a hard or costly not.

Filter housing is under $20.

Filters are around $4.

Worth a test.

Old Housing

Your cars vibrator.

AC intake opening - something to clean.

The pre-filter is within 4 inches of the main cabin filter.

Filter housing compare.

Temperature Sensor - Hole

The new housing has a larger hole. Had to help this out.

Use two way auto tape to make for a tighter fit. Tape does not hold well to the plastic but friction fit should hold. Will keep an eye on it. You will need to secure this more when you move to new housing.

New housing bolted in.

Filter in place.

The filter is not water proof. I put a drop of water on it and it soaked it right up. If we could find this filter made in the same material as a Shop Vac washable filter it would be great.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...hare_fid=112413&share_type=t&share_pid=360374

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

greypanter

Ready to race!
How's the Mann FP-26-009 Ferocious Plus Series prevent mildew smell if all the nasty stuff come from the ac evaporator? The air flow is like
Fresh/recec air [emoji654]️ cabin filter [emoji654]️ blower motor [emoji654]️ evaporator [emoji654]️ inside cabin!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
How's the Mann FP-26-009 Ferocious Plus Series prevent mildew smell if all the nasty stuff come from the ac evaporator? The air flow is like
Fresh/recec air [emoji654]️ cabin filter [emoji654]️ blower motor [emoji654]️ evaporator [emoji654]️ inside cabin!

What I can say is that during these recent CA fires in the Bay Area, when the smoke drifted south to where I live, I never smelled the smoke inside my car with that filter and there was a couple times where I forgot to turn on recirculate.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
This filter is great. I used to smell mildew with the stock filter not too long after buying the car. This filter has solved that problem thus far for me.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
+100 on the Mann FP-26-009 Ferocious Plus Series. My first one lasted just over 17k. now that I put a new one in I hardly smell anything from the outside. Best filter I've ever used. To make my filters last a bit long i put the 2 air filter on the outside to pre-filter debris.