GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Venus Williams Accident

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I've been following this and have to say, WTF! The woman who hit Williams is entirely at fault. Just because a light is green doesn't give you the right of way.

It was safe when Williams entered the intersection. It was NOT safe when the other woman entered the intersection. I'm glad I never became a lawyer because I'd be ashamed of my profession.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
That is why I hated driving in the US, the road system is dangerous. If you enter an intersection in the rest of the world the main road always has right of way unless the traffic lights are red.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The latest news is a surveillance video backs William's story. Yet the other driver's lawyer is still suing. I hope he has to pay the court costs for Williams' insurance company.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I don't feel Ms Williams did anything wrong. If the lights are timed in such a way to trap cars in the intersection maybe whoever controls those lights is at fault. I don't get how you have a green light, but you drive into into a car blocking your way??? Ms Williams wasn't sited. Ms Williams is worth a lot of money so the sharks are circling around waiting for a big payday.

RIP old guy, your wife was at fault.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I don't feel Ms Williams did anything wrong. If the lights are timed in such a way to trap cars in the intersection maybe whoever controls those lights is at fault. I don't get how you have a green light, but you drive into into a car blocking your way??? Ms Williams wasn't sited. Ms Williams is worth a lot of money so the sharks are circling around waiting for a big payday.

RIP old guy, your wife was at fault.

A car turned in front of the car in front of her. She and the car in front of her had to stop. By then the light changed and she got stuck. I don't know about the other car that was in front of her. Even if Williams lost she would need to exhaust her insurance before they cold go after her assets. Florida offers it's residents a lot of protection from judgments.

Williams' insurance company steps in to defend her so it wouldn't cost her anything unless (I believe) a jury finds her over 50% at fault. Even then, a jury would need to award damages. I was on such a jury years ago, and convinced all of the other jurors to find against the person suing. They got tired of staying late every night after 3 days :)

Last edited: