GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interested in "leftover" 2017 GTI SE in couple months...

derekjl

Ready to race!
I currently have a 2015 GTI S, will be totally paid off within a couple months. I'm seriously considering a "leftover" SE because of the amount of features you get over the S, plus it will be the end of the model year AND the last year of the MK7, so I'm thinking there will be good deals to be had. My goal would be $25,000 before tax, etc. I believe this is about $5,500 off sticker on a manual with bi-xenons, could be off a tad. Given the deals people were getting about one year ago at this time, does anyone think this is possible? I want to own the car outright, so depending on what I could get for my 2015 (very low miles with Lighting Package) I would not be out a ton of money. Considering the SE because of the Performance Package, backup camera, keyless entry, sunroof, Fender audio, automatic headlights, LEATHER. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. If anyone has gotten a price close to my estimate or has any input, please share!

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie
I currently have a 2015 GTI S, will be totally paid off within a couple months. I'm seriously considering a "leftover" SE because of the amount of features you get over the S, plus it will be the end of the model year AND the last year of the MK7, so I'm thinking there will be good deals to be had. My goal would be $25,000 before tax, etc. I believe this is about $5,500 off sticker on a manual with bi-xenons, could be off a tad. Given the deals people were getting about one year ago at this time, does anyone think this is possible? I want to own the car outright, so depending on what I could get for my 2015 (very low miles with Lighting Package) I would not be out a ton of money. Considering the SE because of the Performance Package, backup camera, keyless entry, sunroof, Fender audio, automatic headlights, LEATHER. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. If anyone has gotten a price close to my estimate or has any input, please share!
I think it can be done. I got my 15 autobahn for 27,900 before tax. My sticker was about (32,800) About 29,000 and change out the door. If you you are not in a real hurry sell your 15 yourself. A trade just complicates the deal. Know your product! No financing, No trade, No back office junk! That's how I roll! My 2 cents. Good luck!

derekjl

Ready to race!
I think it can be done. I got my 15 autobahn for 27,900 before tax. My sticker was about (32,800) About 29,000 and change out the door. If you you are not in a real hurry sell your 15 yourself. A trade just complicates the deal. Know your product! No financing, No trade, No back office junk! That's how I roll! My 2 cents. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I'd be telling them it's a cash deal upfront. I also know that some of the dealerships with the best pricing can slip in the old $699 administration fee and their advertised pricing is WITHOUT the $820 destination. I definitely plan on selling the '15 myself. I did the same with my '07 and ended up very happy with what I got. If anyone has any dealership recommendations for a simple, easy transaction and a great price in the northeast, please let me know.

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the advice. I'd be telling them it's a cash deal upfront. I also know that some of the dealerships with the best pricing can slip in the old $699 administration fee and their advertised pricing is WITHOUT the $820 destination. I definitely plan on selling the '15 myself. I did the same with my '07 and ended up very happy with what I got. If anyone has any dealership recommendations for a simple, easy transaction and a great price in the northeast, please let me know.

Price of car, tax, tag and doc fee! That's it. In PA it's a set price $134 or 137.... no dealer prep,no deal appreciation fee, no advertising fee, no convenience fee if so I walk.
The destination is already on the MSRP sticker.

derekjl

Ready to race!
Price of car, tax, tag and doc fee! That's it. In PA it's a set price $134 or 137.... no dealer prep,no deal appreciation fee, no advertising fee, no convenience fee if so I walk.
The destination is already on the MSRP sticker.

Thanks again. I've heard good things about Faulkner VW. Any thoughts? I am in upstate NY so that area is really only a couple hundred miles from me.

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks again. I've heard good things about Faulkner VW. Any thoughts? I am in upstate NY so that area is really only a couple hundred miles from me.

I don't know and I would hate for you to drive all the way down here for some foolishness. I got tired of driving around siting down with salesmen drawing on paper after I told them I had no trade and I did not need financing. All I needed to know their out the door price and weither I could take delivery. So what I did was go to the dealer website or call for out the door price. Found a dealer that called me back, he said that he had a SE and that they were not a true car dealer but they would match the price. Also that he also had an autobahn. Left work early and when he showed me the autobahn for the same price others selling a SE the deal was done in 15 mins. I couldn't take the car home because it just rolled off the truck and the mechs left for the day. If you make a deal and can't take delivery have them put it in writing and get a copy. Now they wanted to sell a car.

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie

I don't know and I would hate for you to drive all the way down here for some foolishness. I got tired of driving around siting down with salesmen drawing on paper after I told them I had no trade and I did not need financing. All I needed to know their out the door price and weither I could take delivery. So what I did was go to the dealer website or call for out the door price. Found a dealer that called me back, he said that he had a SE and that they were not a true car dealer but they would match the price. Also that he also had an autobahn. Left work early and when he showed me the autobahn for the same price others selling a SE the deal was done in 15 mins. I couldn't take the car home because it just rolled off the truck and the mechs left for the day. If you make a deal and can't take delivery have them put it in writing and get a copy. Now they wanted to sell a car.

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

You know....in case someone missed this post :D

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie

You know....in case someone missed this post :D

I'm on an airplane and the wifi kept going out so I thought it did not post. Sorry about that. Lol

derekjl

Ready to race!
I'm on an airplane and the wifi kept going out so I thought it did not post. Sorry about that. Lol

I was wondering why I got like 4 email notifications with the same post lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derekjl

Ready to race!

One thing I also forgot to ask. Do dealerships typically do "killer" deals like this with cars that are on their lot ONLY? The exact car I would like (in various colors) is few and far between in my state. Was wondering if it would be worth asking one of the local dealers to see if they could locate one or trade with a dealership, but not sure if they'd still work out a deal like that...?

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie
One thing I also forgot to ask. Do dealerships typically do "killer" deals like this with cars that are on their lot ONLY? The exact car I would like (in various colors) is few and far between in my state. Was wondering if it would be worth asking one of the local dealers to see if they could locate one or trade with a dealership, but not sure if they'd still work out a deal like that...?

I believe thats going to cost you money. Think of it this way, the car on the lot is paid for or even has a loan. It has to be cared for, insured for and if not sold will cost the dealer money its money out of his pocket. There are holds, incentives and kickbacks they won't get till they sell that car. There is a hold, incentives and kickback and thats why the dealer does not know the true worth of that car until the end of the month. Thats why dealer invoices mean nothing and are a lie. In a way you are in a good situation. You don't need a car unless you sell and have nothing to drive until you buy another. But, your choices are few due to the fact you want to buy at the end of the year inventory which can yield savings due to the fact dealer want to sell them to make room for the new cars. If you have the money start making calls......Dealers hate money walking out the door.