GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 Golf S 5 speed MT first mods?

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
New oem gti rsb is under $100. Do you find ST rsb to be better then oem gti rsb?

Where do you see it for $100 new? Plus you need the brackets/bushing if you were buying it new. Used ones seem to go for $75-125 which IMO isn't worth it.

Two reasons why the ST is better IMO:
1: Its bigger, 25.4mm (1") thick hollow tube w/self-lubing urethane bushings. there has been nothing but positive reviews on this bar and its price is a damn bargain.
2: It is an upgrade to not just TSI guys but GTI guys making its residual value greater.

When I buy car parts I consider the resalability of them. If I pay $150 for a brand-new ST rear bar, use it for 3 years and then resell it to someone for $120 I basically paid $30 to "rent" it for 3 years ;)

I'd say a GTI bar for ~$50 might be reasonable, 75 is pushing it and this is all assuming it comes with the bushings and brackets which you absolutely need to install it on a TSI.

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
Could you please send a link for the ST rear bar? Do I need to do any other modifications to accommodate for this new bar (brackets/bushings?)?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
MikeF1021-Could you please post some pictures of your white Golf TSI with those gunmetal rse05's, I also have white Golf TSI and can't wait for my black rse05 to arrive. It took me forever to decide on a finish for these wheels..finally went with black...I hope I made a good choice but would love to see your set up...thanks...

MikeF1021

Ready to race!
MikeF1021-Could you please post some pictures of your white Golf TSI with those gunmetal rse05's, I also have white Golf TSI and can't wait for my black rse05 to arrive. It took me forever to decide on a finish for these wheels..finally went with black...I hope I made a good choice but would love to see your set up...thanks...

Tomorrow! I finally installed my folding mirrors today so tomorrow I will upload some up to date pics.

You definitely made a good choice, though! I dont think there is a bad choice between the black and gunmetal with the pure white... if it makes you feel better I have spent some moments second guessing my own choice, but I know there's no point in wondering because both the black and gunmetal look great on pure white.

I know that my whole set up will look waaaay better once I finally install my springs. I think the wheel gap almost becomes more obvious once you get some sexy wheels on the car.

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking forward to those pics...here is mine...still stock...

Attachments

• 20170405_081836_golf.jpg
    20170405_081836_golf.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 588

kkingma

Ready to race!
Trading in the car now thought... Won the baby lottery and got twins on top of my 4 years old daugther...

Damn bro. Hold on tight! Twins are brutal...

I finally got into a Golf 1.8t now that my twins are in forward facing seats. I did the PP rear sway, streamlined the intake, and did a JB1, better tires. It's pretty fun car!

Now just to get it lowered... that gap is no joke...

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have a part number for DG springs that you used? There was a lot of discussion for the proper part number for our cars....

Here is my OEM+ build w/ list of mods if it gives you any inspiration :)

2016 Golf 1.8T TSI Comfortline w/ LP & CP - Manual 5 Speed - Platinum Grey | 17" Tronics w/ Spacers | APR 91 Stage I | DG Springs | 034 Insert V2 | CDV Delete | deAutoKey LED Interior/Reverse/Plate | Clutch Stop | GTI Side skirts | Maxton Design Front Cup Lip | 35% Rear Tint | OBDeleven | Recaro Performance SPORT Baby Car Seat

MikeF1021

Ready to race!
Here are a couple pics I took last night after a wash, right as the sun was setting. Not the best quality but ill have some much better pics soon hopefully.

I am far from done with this car but I'm very happy with how it's coming along. Once I get around to painting and installing the Votex kit and upgrading the suspension, it will really look like a different car.

Last edited:

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
MikeF1. Your golf looks nice. I like your gun metal as well, her is mine in black. My first mod! I can't wait to continue with mods, DG springs, rsb,tint,....

Attachments

• golf final_small.jpg
    golf final_small.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 508

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have a part number for DG springs that you used? There was a lot of discussion for the proper part number for our cars....

5G4071677E
It's the only one available in North America and it's the right one.

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
Perfect, thanks. Do you think that I will have any rubbing with DG springs and my current wheel/tire set up...

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
Nyulak- Perfect, thanks. How do you like your combination of DG springs and 17" wheels...is your DG spring mode more for looks or did you also notice better handling at highway speeds or when cornering....my wheel/tire set up is great but i dislike body motions probably related to oem springs....

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
Nyulak- Perfect, thanks. How do you like your combination of DG springs and 17" wheels...is your DG spring mode more for looks or did you also notice better handling at highway speeds or when cornering....my wheel/tire set up is great but i dislike body motions probably related to oem springs....

Ride comfort VS stock : keep 95% of comfort
Handling VS stock : a bit better
Suspension bounciness VS stock : very much improved.