GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitted new Discs and pads all round

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
So I went to my local TPS today at Brentwood and was speaking to the guy and he said he has never changed the bolts before when he's done he's brakes then I asked if anything is on the computer about he looked and said no. But I got a price and part no and he said £17 each . He also said two a side I thought that's a lot for bolts

t-800

Passed Driver's Ed
So I went to my local TPS today at Brentwood and was speaking to the guy and he said he has never changed the bolts before when he's done he's brakes then I asked if anything is on the computer about he looked and said no. But I got a price and part no and he said £17 each . He also said two a side I thought that's a lot for bolts

They are stretch bolts as they are angle tightened after being torqued.

Elsawin also says they should be renewed.

I don't tend to listen to a 'parts' guy TPS or otherwise, most of them can't even get a part number correct let alone change parts(I've loads of instances of TPS getting things wrong)

The Bolts just over £3 each so around £16 with the vat.

I honestly don't know why they quoted you £17 a bolt.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!

I don't tend to listen to a 'parts' guy TPS or otherwise, most of them can't even get a part number correct let alone change parts(I've loads of instances of TPS getting things wrong)

Have u got a part no for me . Thanks mate

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Why do you want a part number ?

You said in a previous post that you'd been to TPS and they'd given you a price / part number.......

Hi firstly I want to thanks for trying to help me out with this. And the part no they gave was totally wrong and for a completely different item he gave a part no of 251 615 219 the bloke ovously don't no he's head from he's toe

t-800

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi firstly I want to thanks for trying to help me out with this. And the part no they gave was totally wrong and for a completely different item he gave a part no of 251 615 219 the bloke ovously don't no he's head from he's toe

N 91168901 M12 x 1.5 x 65mm Inner spline bolt

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Thanks mate. Like u I wanna change mine for cosmetic reasons they performe fine tho

Attachments

• IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 343

ethanalice

Passed Driver's Ed
bolts

Ok will get 4 new N 91168901 M12 x 1.5 x 65mm Inner spline bolts. By the way , do you have the parts numbers for the brake caliper bolts .

t-800

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok will get 4 new N 91168901 M12 x 1.5 x 65mm Inner spline bolts. By the way , do you have the parts numbers for the brake caliper bolts .

The Rear caliper is secured by the 7mm Hex sliders that can be reused.

The front Caliper carrier to hub bolts can be reused if they are clean. Torque these to 200nm

The front Brembo pads came with new caliper to carrier bolts (35nm torqued up)

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Hi does the the front carrier bolts on the 1.4 two need to be torque up to 200nm as well or is that just for got a d gtd.thanks

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!

Alright mate can u tell me the process off using obdellen to retract the rear breaks. And also do u need to connect a battery charger or something. Thanks mate