GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Disabling the 39 degree warning?

fredygump

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anybody know how to disable the stupid 39 degree temperature warning? I know it's supposed to be for "safety", but it has never been beneficial, although it is always annoying. I put up with it for 200k miles on my mk6 tdi, but I'd really like to make it go away on my new mk7 gti.

I do have OBDeleven, so maybe there is something I can do on that?

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
There are instructions on the first page of the Vagcom/VCDS thread. I'd check there. A simple google search should help you find it quick enough. It's usually one of the first links that pop up when I try to search for it.

nonbiodegradable weasel

Ready to race!
There are instructions on the first page of the Vagcom/VCDS thread. I'd check there. A simple google search should help you find it quick enough. It's usually one of the first links that pop up when I try to search for it.
What a useless post.

Maybe you can share either a link or the terms that you used in your so-called "simple google search" because I don't see coding information for this anywhere.

All my google searches on this have yielded results about the phenomenon but not an answer for how to disable it.

Here's the VCDS thread. I don't see anything on the first page about the 39 degree temperature warning. Do you?
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2491&highlight=VCDS

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
It took a bit of Google fu and digging, but I found the answer.

Bad news is that you can't completely disable it.

The good news is that you can change the temperature of when it goes off...
17 Instruments
16 Security code 20103
10 Adaptations
(9)-outside_temperature-p_ice_warning_exit_temperature
(10)-outside_temperature-p_ice_warning_entry_temperature
Lowest temp we can use is -9

Info source here (post 13):
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...old-weather-dash-chime#/topics/7492065?page=1

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
What a useless post.

Maybe you can share either a link or the terms that you used in your so-called "simple google search" because I don't see coding information for this anywhere.

All my google searches on this have yielded results about the phenomenon but not an answer for how to disable it.

Here's the VCDS thread. I don't see anything on the first page about the 39 degree temperature warning. Do you?
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2491&highlight=VCDS

2 things... who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

Annnnnd...

It was a post to give him a good idea where to look and to do a more thorough search for other tweaks. Mainly informing him that there was already a big thread of tweaks out there. Which is super helpful in the long run.

How is the information any less helpful than people who login, see these types of posts and say "search" with nothing else? I expect to see you offering such helpful commentary on every one of those posts from now on.

Excuse me for not looking at that thread daily and memorizing what page every tweak is on. It's a long ass thread.

Get off your high horse. I gave the OP a quick response with helpful guidance. Sorry I didn't spoon feed him the answer. You must be one of those new fangled millenials and just want everything handed to you on a silver platter or just really unfamiliar with google.

Point aside, he found his info using google anyways, so I guess it wasn't really all that unhelpful.

And to clarify my confusion that has so rubbed you the wrong way, google "disable black ice warning mk7 gti"or virtually any terms related to that and this is the first link that pops up, with the directions right there.... just happens to be on vortex and not here, so my bad. Literally 4 seconds of Google fu and the answer is at your fingertips.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7065701-Black-Ice-Warning#/topics/7065701?page=3

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I personally like being reminded that I need to move elsewhere in the world lol. That warning is like "Hey, the air might hurt your face today just so you know"

Maybe, but a search would save the same question popping up every other week.;)

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
2 things... who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

Annnnnd...

It was a post to give him a good idea where to look and to do a more thorough search for other tweaks. Mainly informing him that there was already a big thread of tweaks out there. Which is super helpful in the long run.

How is the information any less helpful than people who login, see these types of posts and say "search" with nothing else? I expect to see you offering such helpful commentary on every one of those posts from now on.

Excuse me for not looking at that thread daily and memorizing what page every tweak is on. It's a long ass thread.

Get off your high horse. I gave the OP a quick response with helpful guidance. Sorry I didn't spoon feed him the answer. You must be one of those new fangled millenials and just want everything handed to you on a silver platter or just really unfamiliar with google.

Point aside, he found his info using google anyways, so I guess it wasn't really all that unhelpful.

And to clarify my confusion that has so rubbed you the wrong way, google "disable black ice warning mk7 gti"or virtually any terms related to that and this is the first link that pops up, with the directions right there.... just happens to be on vortex and not here, so my bad. Literally 4 seconds of Google fu and the answer is at your fingertips.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7065701-Black-Ice-Warning#/topics/7065701?page=3
Why even bother to write a post that takes longer than actually searching then posting the answers to the question? You said it's in the VCDS thread, OP found nothing in the Golf 7 vcds thread. Please specify which one you speak of if it on Vortex, please let us know...

Sooooooooo many threads that I found asking the OP's question all seemed to say "search Google for the answer". It took me 5-10 minutes last night sifting through "Google n00b" and "can't be done" comments to actually find the answer.

So yeah, the OP has a great point that simply posting "search for the answer" doesn't help the OP or future folks who are also searching for a answer.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
It took a bit of Google fu and digging, but I found the answer.

Bad news is that you can't completely disable it.

The good news is that you can change the temperature of when it goes off...
17 Instruments
16 Security code 20103
10 Adaptations
(9)-outside_temperature-p_ice_warning_exit_temperature
(10)-outside_temperature-p_ice_warning_entry_temperature
Lowest temp we can use is -9

Info source here (post 13):
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...old-weather-dash-chime#/topics/7492065?page=1

Same procedure but for OBD eleven can be found here:

http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/167/coding-adaptations?page=4

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Why even bother to write a post that takes longer than actually searching then posting the answers to the question? You said it's in the VCDS thread, OP found nothing in the Golf 7 vcds thread. Please specify which one you speak of if it on Vortex, please let us know...

Sooooooooo many threads that I found asking the OP's question all seemed to say "search Google for the answer". It took me 5-10 minutes last night sifting through "Google n00b" and "can't be done" comments to actually find the answer.

So yeah, the OP has a great point that simply posting "search for the answer" doesn't help the OP or future folks who are also searching for a answer.

I wasn't even responding to the OP. I was responding to the guy with nothing better to do than knock someone for responding with what was actually useful info. Like I said it took literally 4 seconds to google "disable black ice warning mk7 gti" and find a link immediately that housed the answer. Whether it's here or vortex, the solution was the very first topic after the google search was performed, like I said it would be.

To each their own, I gave the OP some guidance to solve his question. OP, sorry I didn't spoon feed you the answer like I apparently should have and sorry if you took any offense to my initial response. Also sorry to the whole golfmk7 community that I don't have threads bookmarked to simply open up and cut and paste for every time someone asks a question that has answers all over the Internet.

fredygump

Passed Driver's Ed

I did a google search. Sometimes I even specify the terms "site:golfmk7.com", or replace with whatever site I'm seeking info from. That way Google returns results from that specific website only. That works better than the built in search function most of the time.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to create a search phrase that that specifically points to the info I am looking for. And as stated in another reply, mostly people are asking the question without any answer being given.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Security codes don't work anymore for instruments, with a few minor exceptions. 2016 and up I believe.
Well cuss word! :(

I've been trying to get a security access code for the instrument cluster on the vcds forums for a while now to adjust the sensitivity of the cluster lighting.

Let me see what I can find out from Ross-Tech...

geebob

Ready to race!
You and me both, I really want to get the panel lighting working. I take a look around every few months, but no joy.

If having dark instruments at 4 in the afternoon is an issue for you, this is a workaround ... from my notes,

To enable cluster lights with parking switch:
Open controller [17-Instruments]
[Security Access-16] > Enter 25327
[Adaptation-10] > Change(1)-Illumination_algorithmScale_switching_algorithm from parking_light to lds