GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 Mk7 - 381TQ and 316HP

mr_cassandra

This is my biggest concern. Until I can actually remove the tune completely where it isn't traceable by the dealership, I'll be doing the normal maintenance elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard that the computers have a flash counter so even if you remove it, the dealer can still see a new count and know that something has been done.

aadouglass.13

Passed Driver's Ed
If I go to the dealership for regular maintenance like an oil change with an APR Stage 1 tune would they say anything?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed
If I go to the dealership for regular maintenance like an oil change with an APR Stage 1 tune would they say anything?

Mine never has.

aadouglass.13

Passed Driver's Ed
For an oil change? Nah.
You think it's something they would even notice? I wouldn't think an oil change would have them checking anything of that sort but I've never gone to a dealer for an oil change on any other vehicle I've owned.

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed
You think it's something they would even notice? I wouldn't think an oil change would have them checking anything of that sort but I've never gone to a dealer for an oil change on any other vehicle I've owned.

Nope, odds are they won't check it during the standard annual service.

deanmarr

Ready to race!
hey guys, I read through the thread and wanted to confirm. Are 2017 GTI's unable to be flashed to APR stage 1 due to this patch on new ECU's? Or has APR found a way to get around this? Arin?
I have a 2017 sport stage 2 APR. They have a flash for the new models nothing to worry about. I drove from Orange County to San Diego on Sunday and avg. 33.5 mph. The car is extremely fast also routinely walking away from V8s. I say go APR you will not regret it. Make sure if you have DSG to get that tuned also it makes a big difference.

sovietsky191

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 2017 sport stage 2 APR. They have a flash for the new models nothing to worry about. I drove from Orange County to San Diego on Sunday and avg. 33.5 mph. The car is extremely fast also routinely walking away from V8s. I say go APR you will not regret it. Make sure if you have DSG to get that tuned also it makes a big difference.

Thanks for you input man. How much of a difference do you feel with the DSG tune? Does the car shift bad with just the APR tune? I plan on going stage 1 soon. My previous 09' GTI TSI was a K04 APR so I have plenty of experience with a tuned GTI.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Thanks for you input man. How much of a difference do you feel with the DSG tune? Does the car shift bad with just the APR tune? I plan on going stage 1 soon. My previous 09' GTI TSI was a K04 APR so I have plenty of experience with a tuned GTI.

Yes, adding power over stock on a DSG without the accompanying tune makes for harsher shifts... Also, the stock programming sucks are wants to shift before 2k, which is in prime LSPI zone, esp with the increased low-end boost of a tune.

Get the TCU tune.

j_rad91!

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI
When I had my stage 2 mk6 and went to the dealer every sales guy would ask what's done and said they didn't care it wasn't stock.

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed
There are VW dealers that sell APR tunes. In my experience the service guys @ the dealer where I bought the car, and have had most of the service done, have never cared that mine was tuned.