GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne 1.5 done - What's next?

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Get a friend to help with the install. It can be a bit of a PITA. Make sure you pay attention to the coolant sensor and unplug it before removing the IC stack, or you will rip the wires out of the plug. Ask me how I know...

It's worth it though. The data is there and the rest is just common sense really. Better for engine, engine runs better, and power produced is repeatable.

MatthewSP

So PITA wrenching ..but clearly worth it eh.

..As long as it is not worse than changing plugs on a van which requires manifold removal, layers of wiring harnesses, and dozens of fittings.. The same van that the fan controller harness wore out and I had to splice a new pigtail and glue it in place. Thanks for the heads up, if I remember!

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
The intercooler on our cars is in a stack, sandwiched between the radiator and a/c condenser.

Remove skidplate, undo front half of wheel well liners, remove snow guard, remove grill, remove bumper cover, remove air guides, remove headlights, remove crash beam, unplug coolant sensor, remove IC hoses, remove radiator stack supports, swing stack out, get stack apart, don't break anything, remove IC, replace, then do everything in reverse.

Not too difficult, but takes some time and a cart or an extra set of hands.