GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0087 fuel pressure low

richiekuk

Ready to race!
I know this is an old thread but I believe I had the same issue, and VW repaired it.

A couple of months ago while driving on the motorway, yellow coil light suddenly started flashing and I had "ACC & Front Assist Err." come up on the display. GTD went into Limp Mode and I pulled over onto hard shoulder. Came up saying Start/Stop Error too and wouldn't shut off automatically. I turned the ignition off and on again, car started absolutely fine and whatever problem there was seemingly disappeared.

I took the car too the dealership to get it checked out anyway, they did some diagnostics and apparently found a fault code regarding the fuel pump pressure. They didn't say how the two things could be related, but the fuel pump was replaced. Problem has not occurred again.

I have never had this issue since

pd150

Passed Driver's Ed
To resurrect an old thread.

I had this same issue 10 miles after my fuel filter was changed by vw.
0087 code
Acc and assist error
Followed by limp mode
Traveling 72mph 6th gear 92C oil temp.

I had my fuel pump and fuel pump control module changed under warranty.
Still can't solve my suspension noise and added a few scratches to my car in the process :(

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
That fault is pretty synonymous with high pressure pump failure. You can remove the solenoid attached to the high pressure pump and check for metal debris/contamination. If you have contamination you'll need a new pump, injectors, filter, etc. We haven't seen Gen 3 TDIs fail yet but we've had hundreds of gen 2 and gen 1's go.

Ross Pilky

SAME!!

I'm having the exact same problem. Only I have to confess to having the revo stage 1 remap and wonder if this could cause the problem! a solution is needed asap as I am sick of seeing the light!

greg1

I'm having the exact same problem. Only I have to confess to having the revo stage 1 remap and wonder if this could cause the problem! a solution is needed asap as I am sick of seeing the light!

Hello, it has happened to me twice. I also have an revo stage 1 remap.

But it hasnt showed for over 2 months, so i havent see the dealer yet.

T_golfmk7

Car(s)
Golf mk7
I know this post is old but did anyone find the problem as my golf mk7 golf 2.0tdi GT 2014 gets up to a certain temp glow plug light flashing car goes into limp mode it’s get up to 90 degree temp cuts out it’s get serviced every year garage has put a new fuel pump in problem still occurring also getting acc error start stop also I put the heating on full the car will also stay running if I turn it off it’ll cut out p0087