GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Composition upgrade

merts75

Hi all

I have a 2013 mk7 with what must be 1st gen composition media and for the most part....i like it. But I would like to bring it up to date with nav and smart phone connectivity.

What would be the best way to go about this? My local ICE shop recommended the Pioneer avic-f80dab but im not sure what functionality i would lose if any i.e. the
multi function display, driving modes car settings park pilot etc

anyone offer any suggestions?

by the way im from UK

Cheers

1st gen Discover Media units are quite affordable, and with the MIB3 emerging
in the 7.5 alos 2nd gen units should become better value.

merts75

Just read through that thread vwvortex. All sounds very complicated and very expensive around £2000 minimum and that's if nothing goes wrong.

Perhaps the Alpine X901D-G7 maybe a cheaper option? Or Pioneer Aviv f80dab

What's the general consensus going aftermarket or keeping within VW system?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

protocall

Passed Driver's Ed
So, the thread history makes it all sound experimental, but APG Poland and VW Central AU have it all figured out.

I paid $2100 USD for all parts including the correct trim/bezel, all coding and VIN programming, and shipping/insurance from Poland to USA. All I had to do was swap the hardware, no coding, and it was all plug and play. Easier than installing an aftermarket stereo, really.

The end of that thread has a good candid opinion on OEM versus aftermarket. Sounds like the general consensus is that the aftermarket solutions are a good display upgrade, but not as feature rich as the MIB2 system. Plus, I'd much​ rather have 100% OEM devices if I sell the car with the setup, or swap it back to stock and sell the parts to the next retrofit junkie.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk