GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDs/OBD11 coding to view backup camera while not in reverse?

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
I know it's a long shot but does anyone know if it's possible to view the backup camera while not in reverse through VCDs? Would love to be able to see it while driving forward (yes I know that's what the rearview mirror is for, but I still think it would be awesome to be able to see it).

LachlanGordon

Ready to race!
I'm not the most knowledgeable about the VCDS scene, but I imagine not. To trigger the camera to work you need to somehow tell the car it's in reverse, which would cause SOO many issues with gears and so forth. Even if it was possible you'd probably be stuck with the camera on forever because there is no selectable option in the system for it.

Hopefully someone proves me wrong though, sounds super cool to have.

slow12s

Ready to race!
This would be sweet...a buddy with a testa model s can have his on all the time and it isn't nearly as distracting as I expected it to be...following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm also interested in this, not so much for viewing at all times, rather just a 5 second delay or something. I pull my car out of reverse before I fully stop, and the camera immediately goes away. The camera is still open, because I can hear it close a little later. I just want the picture up for a little longer.

slow12s

Ready to race!
I'm also interested in this, not so much for viewing at all times, rather just a 5 second delay or something. I pull my car out of reverse before I fully stop, and the camera immediately goes away. The camera is still open, because I can hear it close a little later. I just want the picture up for a little longer.

hmm...mine stays on for like 3-5 seconds after I put it in gear or when I go over 15mph (I think the manual said 15mph, might have been 5mph)...my parents avalon's camera does what you're describing where it disappears from the screen immediately when they put it in drive...are you a manual or auto? I'm manual so I wonder if this is a difference between the two?

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
hmm...mine stays on for like 3-5 seconds after I put it in gear or when I go over 15mph (I think the manual said 15mph, might have been 5mph)...my parents avalon's camera does what you're describing where it disappears from the screen immediately when they put it in drive...are you a manual or auto? I'm manual so I wonder if this is a difference between the two?

I have the manual myself. I wonder if it has something to do with the park pilot, because that's the screen that immediately replaces the rear view camera. Hm.

slow12s

Ready to race!
I have the manual myself. I wonder if it has something to do with the park pilot, because that's the screen that immediately replaces the rear view camera. Hm.

Hmm...maybe, can you try turning park pilot off temporarily and see if the screen stays on? I have the autobahn (so DCC, BSM), but no DAP, so no park pilot...I could see it going on the screen immediately though when parking, not all the time reversing though...let me know, now I'm really curious lol

chid

Ready to race!
I have a friend with a different car and he changed his media unit. For the rear view camera, it has a wire that needs a certain voltage.