GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air ride - ACC calibration failed after alignment - no front assist

QuadZilla.:R

I want this look, so bags maybe

That would be a lift kit, not air ride. :rolleyes:

boobsandboost

Because flat brims and vape breh. All things bagged. Fenders ruined. Dope. Scene points. OEM+. frame notch. Ramz.

It's what makes vw ownership special.

lol negative. I'm an educated female. But please continue with your assumptions.

BRB going to part my car out cause a loser that I'll never meet in real life is butt hurt over how I spend the money I bust my ass for.

The ignorance of not being able to respect another person's decisions with mods is what truly makes VW ownership special.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
lol negative. I'm an educated female. But please continue with your assumptions.

BRB going to part my car out cause a loser that I'll never meet in real life is butt hurt over how I spend the money I bust my ass for.

The ignorance of not being able to respect another person's decisions with mods is what truly makes VW ownership special.

Edit:
Taking a different stance (no pun), your car your money. Enjoy and hope the new issues get ironed out.

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If the ACC worked before the install, it's difficult for me to see how replacing the module will change anything. I read where the front radar emitter/receiver calibration is dependent on rear toe alignment. Was the rear toe set while the car was sitting at the stock height? Was the calibration performed at the stock height?

boobsandboost

If the ACC worked before the install, it's difficult for me to see how replacing the module will change anything. I read where the front radar emitter/receiver calibration is dependent on rear toe alignment. Was the rear toe set while the car was sitting at the stock height? Was the calibration performed at the stock height?

All of the work was completed at 43 PSI up front and 38 PSI in the rear, which is my ride height.

Ironically, everything was working after the air install, even with my wheel alignment being WAY off. Someone slammed on their brakes in front of me and the car stopped itself as it should -- now that's no longer working. All distance sensors are functioning though.

I had problems with ACC when I had 500 miles on the car. I had the same alert and after driving for a bit, the alert went away and everything resumed functioning properly.

Even after sending the alignment and sensor specs to the VW field engineer to determine which direction to go, he was at a loss as to why it wasn't calibrating, because everything was spot on (hence the suggested next step being replacement).

And I've spoken with two other 7R owners who have ACC and air ride, and they had no problems with calibration, so it's not that.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Even after sending the alignment and sensor specs to the VW field engineer to determine which direction to go, he was at a loss as to why it wasn't calibrating, because everything was spot on (hence the suggested next step being replacement)

Can VW deny a warranty service on this part(sensor) if they believe lowering the car with air-ride could've caused this issue? I would think so, but not really sure.

boobsandboost

Can VW deny a warranty service on this part(sensor) if they believe lowering the car with air-ride could've caused this issue? I would think so, but not really sure.

I'm sure they *could* but the dealer I go to is pretty mod friendly. Not to mention they're aware I've been having problems with the sensor since I got the vehicle..

However, if it gets denied, it's not gonna be the end of the world. I'll gladly pay to have it fixed.

I checked in my estimating system at work though, and it looks like the part itself is around $800-900 (give or take) with about 0.5 hrs of labor, not including recalibration.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I was going to say, that since you invested thousands already what's another grand if you need to pay for it yourself.

boobsandboost

Baus ass R! Friends keep trying to convince me to bag my R but that's what I have the 337 for lol

Thank you sir! I can vouch for the ride though. It's so incredibly comfortable yet tight at the same time. I'd be more than comfortable tracking this thing on air.

PS: beyond jealous you have a 337! I've been a huge fan of them and the 20th AE's for the longest time. I'll own (and ruin, in some people's eyes) one of them one day. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]