GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uber-Stealth Audio MK7 Box - Pics inside

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
Will this box work in a MK7 Golf R since we don't have a spare tire for it to sit in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SInce i have not seen the rear hatch of a golf R, i can not comment on its fitment. If the golf R does not have a spare, this would not fit, but i am open to developing a box that would fit the golf r

DrJay42

Passed Driver's Ed
I HIGHLY recommend this box, and also the 10" Hertz DS 250.3. The sub finally broke in and it's amazing. I'm still surprised I can get so much bass from one 10" sub.

captjoe

I am not planning on a side mount at this time.

I get this question a lot.

1. The OEM sub in this car, and many others are located in this position, so it must work OK.

2. Bass wavelengths are very long, and are not easily stopped by the floor. This is the reason you can hear the bass from a car from a distance. Bass is also non directional as well, so location is not that important.

3. My MKV / MKVI puts the sub in a similar location. However it is even closer to the floor, unlike the MKVII, which has several inches above it. I have produced over 1000 underfloor boxes, and no one yes has complained about the bass output.

Any thoughts on doing a under floor sub box like for the MK6 for the MK7 R?

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
Any thoughts on doing a under floor sub box like for the MK6 for the MK7 R?

The MK7 R is an interesting animal. In the US they font have spare tires, in the rest of the world they do. Some people in the US are adding spares.

The release edition has foam under the floor which surrounds the factory sub, non release editions do not, and just have the sub sitting in the middle of the hatch floor with nothing around it.

I am having problems designing a box that firs all the options, and some Golf R's don't have the sub even, so there is another factor. I how to have one figured out in the next month or 2

captjoe

The MK7 R is an interesting animal. In the US they font have spare tires, in the rest of the world they do. Some people in the US are adding spares.

The release edition has foam under the floor which surrounds the factory sub, non release editions do not, and just have the sub sitting in the middle of the hatch floor with nothing around it.

I am having problems designing a box that firs all the options, and some Golf R's don't have the sub even, so there is another factor. I how to have one figured out in the next month or 2

Nik I am waiting on my spare. Once I get it ,,and that should be next week I can do some photos and measurements for you so you can have the base line spec's for the Golf R.I ordered my spare thru VW USA shipped out of Germany. I will include pictures of it installed and not..

I would love to see a box that fits in the entire wheel well -- ditching the spare tire completely. Can we get big enough to accommodate a 15"?? I've always had 2 twelves, but that was in a big trunk Jetta. Ahhhh, I really want to upgrade the sub with the Fender system!

Nice job with the spare tire insert!

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
I would love to see a box that fits in the entire wheel well -- ditching the spare tire completely. Can we get big enough to accommodate a 15"?? I've always had 2 twelves, but that was in a big trunk Jetta. Ahhhh, I really want to upgrade the sub with the Fender system!

Nice job with the spare tire insert!

Depending on the subs you can fit quite a lot in there. I'm putting two Stereo Integrity BM MkIVs in mine. They're very shallow and only need 0.5cf each which helps a lot but there is enough depth for larger subs. I have a 15 at home I'll toss in for a mock up and see how it fits.

Klim

the box is probably 12-15 lbs. It is made to fit inside the wheel. If you want to remove the spare, I can easily make you a box that is shaped like a spare to fit in there.

Hey Nik,
Would you still be able to make one?
I have a 2016 Golf R that came with a Fender sub. There is no spare tire. I'd like to take out the Fender sub and replace it with one of your enclosures for a 12 inch sub.
What's the best way to get in touch with you?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm building a round box for the JL 10TW1-4 I ordered, and it will be necessary to either cut down the threaded part or remove it altogether and find a different way to hold down the spare.

How is the tie-down nut removed?

Just twist it once the spare tire is out,

HJM2

Box?

Did we ever figure out a box for the Golf R? I had a JL TW5 and a 600/1V3 in my last vehicle, and I want to do the same in this one. All the foam is easily removable, and it leaves a nice space under the floor. Any idea how much usable airspace is there? I'm wondering if I could fit two 10TW3's. I'm even considering firing them up and doing a plexiglass floor replacement, so I can see my subs, but still have a usable floor. :)
Hollar at me

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
I just built a box for a customer with a golf R and and spare. It was a direct replacement for the fender sub. It fit a kicker shallow 8". You could use a pioneer 8" as well. I know this is not as large as a sub as some people want, but with proper tuning, it should be a big upgrade from the fender sub, or having no sub, all with out losing any space or the spare tire.