GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cabin Dimmer Not Working

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Cabin Dimmer Not Working - FIXED

So as the title says, my cabin/gauge cluster dimmer has stopped working.
Been this way for about a month right after I started getting into coding with OBD11. I dont recall a specific change that caused this to happen but I remember it was after adding DRL to the lighting menu and changing lighting to scandinavian mode. I have since undone both of those. I have looked all over the adaptation maps that DV52 has hoping to find something but havent come up with anything. The gauges and screen still dim and brighten based on incoming light durning the day. Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Any thoughts?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
did you check/press the button on the headliner that activates/cancel this function? I assume that you did but those silly thing can get you

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
did you check/press the button on the headliner that activates/cancel this function? I assume that you did but those silly thing can get you

There's a button that does that??

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
There's a button that does that??

I don't know what I was on before lol. Sorry for a moment I thought that you were referring to the overhead lights not coming on when opening the door or Unlocking the car [emoji4]sorry about that

Sent from the Moon using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I don't know what I was on before lol. Sorry for a moment I thought that you were referring to the overhead lights not coming on when opening the door or Unlocking the car [emoji4]sorry about that

Oh I see. No worries! Yeah it's just the dimmer knob for the interior lighting doesn't work. Very odd. Still can't figure it out.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Oh I see. No worries! Yeah it's just the dimmer knob for the interior lighting doesn't work. Very odd. Still can't figure it out.

That is weird, I hope that you can get it sorted sorry that I can not help [emoji4]

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
If you're adjusting it during the day, and it's bright enough, the car won't let you. It's the light sensor. Try it at night.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
If you're adjusting it during the day, and it's bright enough, the car won't let you. It's the light sensor. Try it at night.

Doesn't work at night. Gauge, radio, window switches etc stay at full brightness all the time.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Re-upping this thread because this has still got me stuck. Again, I have no control over dimming the ambient light. Not the overhead light but the ambient light. This includes the dash, backlit switches, etc...

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Wanted to bump this again. Its still a source of frustration. Again, my roller dimmer by the rotating light switch does nothing. It doesnt dim anything it should (dash, interior, etc)

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Wanted to update this! Found, with the help of DV52, that somehow, the coding for the dimmer had been changed. It was set to “no dimmer”. Options were “dim in menu” or “dim with roller”. I set it back to roller and now I’m good to go!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Damn, that took 7 months to resolve. I feel bad for you driving around with full brightness gauges.

I'm trying to find an easy way to dim them beyond the lowest setting