GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Touch screen detecting touch by itself

danjlambert

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey

I've just bought a 16' plate GTI sport. Love it!

However from today, the touch screen keeps detecting touch by itself. It goes a bit mental a points, and I had to turn the beep off. Now I've had to turn the screen off completely.

It doesn't necessarily 'do' anything, but just activates the hidden dock down the bottom etc, but every 5/10 seconds.

I've just done a factory reset and hopefully it'll work... but something is telling me it could be a hardware issue.

Sound familiar to anyone? It's mib2

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherifftruman

Ready to race!
It's supposed to activate the dock when your hand is near it. The sensors are in the shiny bar at the bottom of the screen. Sounds like yours are especially sensitive or broken. Seems like a trip to the dealer is probbaly the only way to fix it.

off_the_grid

Mine was doing this a few weeks ago, i found some smudges on the screen near the buttons it was pressing when looking at an angle, cleaned the screen and it has been good since.

danjlambert

Passed Driver's Ed
Cheers guys, I've given it a good wipe down but it is still happening. I guess it's a dealer thing!

Thanks anyways

Stonsey

I've had this on mine too, went in to dealer and they did a software update, this still didn't fix it for me. It's back in today for the same issue again, the techs are in talks with vw about it. Did yours get fixed in the end?

danjlambert

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had this on mine too, went in to dealer and they did a software update, this still didn't fix it for me. It's back in today for the same issue again, the techs are in talks with vw about it. Did yours get fixed in the end?

Software update fixed the issue (so far)

Have you tried factory reset? And giving the screen a really, really good clean?

bertj

Ready to race!
Same problem with my Mk.7 plus it would 'beep' quietly to itself at random times. Software upgrade fixed it but factory reset didn't.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
WELL, this has started happening for me lately and seems to be getting worse every time i drive the car. For now the radio is just gonna be turned off...

It seems like there is no solution either, between software updates and sometimes replacing the whole head unit works, sometimes you're gambling to just have another head unit that doesn't like the cold.

Might just have to upgrade to the 8" MK7.5 screen... lol

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
WELL, this has started happening for me lately and seems to be getting worse every time i drive the car. For now the radio is just gonna be turned off...

It seems like there is no solution either, between software updates and sometimes replacing the whole head unit works, sometimes you're gambling to just have another head unit that doesn't like the cold.

Might just have to upgrade to the 8" MK7.5 screen... lol

Have you tried pulling the negative for a few minutes?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Try a hard reboot by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, see if that helps.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Not sure if I’ve imagined this ?! But Isn’t there a touchscreen calibration in the green menu?