GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM, Weathertech, or other for Window Vents?

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
I installed the weather tech vents the other day. First off they install in 5-10 minutes for all 4 vents, and they look great. The rear vents do come with adhesive strips so make sure you only peel off the colored tape and not the adhesive part. As far as figment goes, the rears are perfect and the front passenger one as well. The driver side vent catches the window at the top rear corner and will make the window fully open if you hit it going up. I'm not sure if the visor will "adjust" in warmer weather. I will adjust tomorrow and see If that helps. Otherwise I will reach out to weathertech customer service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NH_MKVII

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed the weather tech vents the other day. First off they install in 5-10 minutes for all 4 vents, and they look great. The rear vents do come with adhesive strips so make sure you only peel off the colored tape and not the adhesive part. As far as figment goes, the rears are perfect and the front passenger one as well. The driver side vent catches the window at the top rear corner and will make the window fully open if you hit it going up. I'm not sure if the visor will "adjust" in warmer weather. I will adjust tomorrow and see If that helps. Otherwise I will reach out to weathertech customer service
THAT would be annoying as hell. Hopefully you just need to adjust it a little. Otherwise, it could be a manufacturing variance, which would be disappointing, although Weathertech should handle it.
I'm definitely going to wait for warmer weather just to be sure everything sets properly.

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
One more thing, it may be important for some to buy products made in America from an American company l, but these weathertech visors are labeled "made in Germany"

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie

Try removing and reinstalling. This time, lower your window about 1-2 inches down and then install.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
THAT would be annoying as hell. Hopefully you just need to adjust it a little. Otherwise, it could be a manufacturing variance, which would be disappointing, although Weathertech should handle it.
I'm definitely going to wait for warmer weather just to be sure everything sets properly.

It is typically advised to install these in above 55 degree conditions. This also lowers the risk of breaking or snapping the front SWD's because you have to bow them out in order to install them properly.

NH_MKVII

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed my Weathertech's today in nice 80 degree weather. Easy to install, but I notice I'm having the issue with the back corner of the front visors (near the Weathertech logo). The window contacts the edge of the visor at this spot and it caused the safety auto-down to activate one time. I tucked the visor up as much as I could and closed the windows. It's sitting in the sun. I'll leave them closed for a few days and see how it goes.

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
I just installed my Weathertech's today in nice 80 degree weather. Easy to install, but I notice I'm having the issue with the back corner of the front visors (near the Weathertech logo). The window contacts the edge of the visor at this spot and it caused the safety auto-down to activate one time. I tucked the visor up as much as I could and closed the windows. It's sitting in the sun. I'll leave them closed for a few days and see how it goes.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting to see if they adjust. It says leave the windows closed for 12 hrs after install. My driver window visor catches on the same part which is extremely annoying but it could be a design flaw/manufacturing issue if more people are having the same problem. Let us know what happens after the windows have been up for a while

NH_MKVII

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting to see if they adjust. It says leave the windows closed for 12 hrs after install. My driver window visor catches on the same part which is extremely annoying but it could be a design flaw/manufacturing issue if more people are having the same problem. Let us know what happens after the windows have been up for a while

The interference is not an issue anymore. Apparently keeping the windows closed like they say is important. My windows work fine now and don't hit the visors at all. I'd recommend the WeatherTech.

Mbarton36

Ready to race!

My driver side vent still causes the window to open fully about 25% of the time. I'm not sure if it has to do with the outside temperature or not but I'll try to keep track next week.

One annoying this about the vents is they prevent the touch less car wash from cleaning the top 2-3" of the windows so after it gets all clean there is still dirt/water marks at the tops of all the windows.