GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track day tires

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
I am looking for a DOT race tire, such as a hoosier R7, in 17", however there is nothing in 235 width, who has run a 245 width tire at the track pushing hard and has not rubbed?

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
245/40/17 is actually a shorter tire than 235/45/17. You are likely to have less issue of rubbing with 245/40

AR11

Ready to race!
I am looking for a DOT race tire, such as a hoosier R7, in 17", however there is nothing in 235 width, who has run a 245 width tire at the track pushing hard and has not rubbed?

This is what the clearance looks like with 245/40r18 mounted on 18x9 but its the RE71r which might not run as big as the DOT race tires you're looking for. Also, I've got a bit of camber in the front. I didn't experience any rubbing at this event.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
I don't know your driving skill level or track experience but.... dedicated race slick or tire like mentioned above is a little ore risky. They take time to heat up, they also don't have much warning before you have no traction and get yourself into trouble. Especially on a street car with no roll cage that doesn't offer added stiffness with the added grip of a slick. I was considering the same type of tire when looking for track wheel set ups an was talked out of it.

That being said I am running RE71R's 235/45/17.