GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Digital TPMS retrofit ?

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Saw a video on Youtube last night of a guy that had retrofitted the full digital TPMS system to a new Seat Leon (same platform as the Golf). This is the system with sensors in the wheels that send a signal to a receiver that's then sent to the dash and you see on the dash center display as well as the headunit that actual tyre pressures in bar / PSI etc.

The system even has the ability to note tyre sizes, as well as if the car is fully laden or normally laden. Looks really cool.

Anyone know if this is doable on our cars and what's involved from a cost / complexity point of view ?

Do the current Passat and/or Tiguan come with that system, perhaps as an option? If
interested you'd just need to check this (see Passat/Tiguan configurator; if confirmed,
then read the corresponding Passat/Tiguan SSPs).
If that's the case, since they're based on the same MQB platform as the Golf I'd guess
it should be feasible, probably in the same way as the guy did on his Leon. I'd ask him.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Plenty of people on the drive.2rus.com forum. have done this to mk7 Golf as main CAN is build for it & so is MIB infotainment (all versions). Tiguan parts required.

You need the 4 tyre valve with build in transmitters.
4 antenna units, one for each wheel arch.
wiring harness,
control unit I think,

Basically remove wheel arch liners & bumpers, place antenna in each wire between all units & main controller, reprogram the CAN GATEWAY for "Direct" TPMS...

simples...

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Plenty of people on the drive.2rus.com forum. have done this to mk7 Golf as main CAN is build for it & so is MIB infotainment (all versions). Tiguan parts required.

You need the 4 tyre valve with build in transmitters.
4 antenna units, one for each wheel arch.
wiring harness,
control unit I think,

Basically remove wheel arch liners & bumpers, place antenna in each wire between all units & main controller, reprogram the CAN GATEWAY for "Direct" TPMS...

simples...

Will you just do this and put a how to up please Dave :D:D

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Will you just do this and put a how to up please Dave :D:D

haha...:p

Seriously I have considered it, but I have quite a few other building projects etc around the house to finish off this year as they are "late" already....:eek:

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
Any particular reason for this mod (other than to burn money)? I really like the cheap and dumb TPMS on Golfs (easy wheel swaps etc). Definitely not the thing I ever missed on my old car, I'd see no reason to add to the new one. On the same note, US also gets old school and cheap real emergency brake and this is the way I like it. No reason to fix what's not broken.

surfstar

Ready to race!
Any particular reason for this mod (other than to burn money)? I really like the cheap and dumb TPMS on Golfs (easy wheel swaps etc). Definitely not the thing I ever missed on my old car, I'd see no reason to add to the new one. On the same note, US also gets old school and cheap real emergency brake and this is the way I like it. No reason to fix what's not broken.

^this guy gets it.

So happy that I don't have to swap sensors, pay for rebuild kits, can freely rotate my tires, etc. VW did well to keep our TPMS system simple.

gianry

Ready to race!
Hi , I need to know the wiring diagram of the TPMS module antenna.. I know pin 1 and 3 are the extended bus .. and powe4 pin ?... thanks

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just got the Orange Electronics TPMS for $199 through Amazon.

gianry

Ready to race!
find Xagico PDF, it's all there.

I did the retrofit and I drive with all-seasons so I never swap wheels.
Fatto , caricato anche dei parametri personalizzati .. prese valvole in Cina e antenna in Polonia da Passat .
Unica cosa strana che un sensore comunica la pressione un 10/20 secondi dopo gli altri.