GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stainless Steel Clutch Line Install

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Got mine installed this morning, noticeable difference in engagement point/feel. All hesitation I was feeling after the new clutch is completely gone as well. Not sure if this can be attributed to the line but it certainly has helped. The fluidity of my clutch action is remarkable. Was able to get a photo for you gents as well. This is the longer line, KMD added about 2 inches to the line for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Ah sorry, I selected the wrong size on tapatalk. The accumulator is still installed.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
I wasn't entirely sure what it was for or what it did, so I figured better safe than sorry. The longer line was plenty long enough to remove it if I wanted though. Maybe I'll take it out this weekend and check out the difference between it being installed and uninstalled.

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
I wasn't entirely sure what it was for or what it did, so I figured better safe than sorry. The longer line was plenty long enough to remove it if I wanted though. Maybe I'll take it out this weekend and check out the difference between it being installed and uninstalled.
I've been trying to find information on them and have found that pedal effort will increase and feel will increase if you remove the accumulator. If you remove it, be sure to check your cruise control function and make sure that it disengages correctly when you depress the clutch pedal.

None of the above info was VW-specific as I couldn't find anything on VWs but accumulators are used in many other cars and go by different names. It's a common mod on the old DSM cars.

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
Curious if you had a chance to remove the accumulator.

byrd390

Yesterday morning my clutch "frequency valve" completely grenaded on me. I'd driven the car the night before and had no clutch issues whatsoever. Car has 1,050 miles on it. Good times.

Dealer towed it from my house to their location and apparently the frequency valve (dealer's term) failed resulting in a pool of green fluid on my garage floor. Dealer is replacing the lines and valve tomorrow. The customer rep tells me the tech had never seen this part before and had no idea what it was. "He said it looks like a little turbo."

I'll ask them to keep the failed part so I can post some photos.

Last edited:

byrd390

Dealer now calling the part a "frequency modulator" and for some unknown reason mine just failed at 1,000 miles. I don't thrash my car and I know how to drive a stick so it certainly wasn't wear and tear. Sitting in my garage overnight the thing just up and failed.

FWIW my dealership (Schmelz) was great about it. Towed my GTI and gave me a loaner no questions asked.

Attachments

• IMG_0713.JPG
    IMG_0713.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 642