GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cabin filter change warning

Does the filter filter air coming into the air box and then it goes through the cooler then channels throughout the dash and cabin?
If so the filter has no bearing on the aircon (other than restricted flow with dirt) or a smell.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
I had a piece of rubber in my cup holder for the longest time and was wondering where it came from. Luckily i stumbled on this thread. Good info to know.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Does the filter filter air coming into the air box and then it goes through the cooler then channels throughout the dash and cabin?
If so the filter has no bearing on the aircon (other than restricted flow with dirt) or a smell.

It's the first thing the outside air goes through.

shadowblue

Ready to race!
As I was changing my cabin air filter yesterday couple of things went wrong.
First when opening the glovebox to gain access to the filter housing when you push up on the glovebox tabs that stops the door from opening all the way down you have to be careful not to loose the rubber feet that will go flying around if you are not careful, also that arm/guide thingy that goes into the glovebox light switch, you want to lower it carefully, my dropped down too fast and the gear inside of it came out, I'm not sure if I'm missing another part because I can now hear the little plastic gear every time I open/close the door, now I have no memory on how smooth the glovebox opens up or if I'm being paranoid lol anyways I'll go at it again on Sunday and check but rubber stops are very easy to misplace I found them on the floor.

Sent from the Moon using Tapatalk
I know this is 6 years old but thank you for making this. Wheel didnt fall out but those 2 other rubber nubs did.