GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changing oil at ind. euro tuner shops?

bluedoggiant

Ready to race!
I have typically taken my VWs to the dealer for regular servicing. This time around I may do things differently. Discount tire offers me free tire rotations, engine air filter/cabin air filter look easy enough to do myself.

Can I take my car to an independent euro tuner shop for oil changes provided I bring the supplies?

I ask because a lot of folks on here with JB1s/JB4s talk about removing their piggyback before going to the dealer for service, why not take it to a reputable euro shop? Are those folks living in areas where the dealer is the best place to get an oil change?

I probably would take the car to VW for DSG service and maybe spark plugs.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
As long as you keep receipts for oil and filter, you're covered for warranty purposes. One each for at least every 10,000 miles. And make sure you are using a VW 502.00-approved oil.

If your receipts are from a cash register, photocopy them so that you are not out of luck when they fade to unreadable.

I've done my own oil changes under warranty for every new car I've ever owned, going back 30 years. I've never been asked for receipts, but I always have them in case. Of course, I've never had an engine failure either, so I've never been put to the test really.