GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

racerx20

Ready to race!
The ergonomics for me are totally off. I can't rest my arms anywhere if I'm holding the wheel w/ 1 or both hands naturally (like I can in my CRV). I have to hold w/ my fingers and maybe keep my elbow up on the window sill at best. It's a real let down in that department and makes for uncomfortable long trips.

I agree with this. Also the fact that on the manual seats only the rear lowers and the front pivots, uncomfortable to fully lower the seat for my tall self (6'3). Also wish the seat bolstering on top and bottom was wider and I am a skinny build.

This is an Apple car play annoyance rather than a GTI one but can't stand that I can't use Waze through car play.

JD-1

Ready to race!
I wish they made a routing hole in the center console where the usb plug in is.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Only one USB port is unacceptable,(my Fiesta ST had 2) also the fact that it’s not in the armrest cubby is stupid also, the damn windows/door panels all squeak and creak whenever the body flexes, and boy does it flex, stock suspension is pretty crappy and does not instill confidence when hustling the car around and under hard braking, bottom seat cushion is a bit hard and needs more padding. Just noticed after doing a 5 1/2 hour trip

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
All this talk about the USB port got me to thinking how frickin hard it is to put in and pull out a USB plug into that thing. I usually just leave my iPod plugged in but when I'm switching between my GTI and canry and have to move my iPod, it is so hard to get my fingers in to remove the plug. And no, I will refuse to "just pull the cord" because I know better, and iPod touch charging cables are few and far between nowadays. One day I'll transfer everything to an SD card, but for now, I will struggle with the poor USB positioning

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
All this talk about the USB port got me to thinking how frickin hard it is to put in and pull out a USB plug into that thing. I usually just leave my iPod plugged in but when I'm switching between my GTI and canry and have to move my iPod, it is so hard to get my fingers in to remove the plug. And no, I will refuse to "just pull the cord" because I know better, and iPod touch charging cables are few and far between nowadays. One day I'll transfer everything to an SD card, but for now, I will struggle with the poor USB positioning

Tjis

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!

Have you considered purchasing a dedicated cable. Just throwing it out there...

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
I had an extra 3-foot USB type-C cable laying around, so I plugged it into my GTI port and left it there. I curl it up and leave it in the cubby. Perfect fit.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Pushing the DSG knob forward to upshift instead of pulling back.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Have you considered purchasing a dedicated cable. Just throwing it out there...

Shh... obvious solutions not allowed here.

And y'all complaining about "only one usb." Shit. Go drive the 15 when they had exactly zero usb :p

Pro tip: buy a 12v adapter, pop it in the center armrest, and if you need the cords in your immediate area, route them under the trim (there's a hole underneath the rubber cover) and have em pop out where ya need em. :)
LINK for 12v adapters
FANCY 3.0

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Hambert

Your intuition is right. It truly is phoned in. For whatever reason, VW decided to save a few pennies and give the NAR GTIs the manual handbrake (for sick handbrake turns?). ROW GTI get the electronic parking brake and proper center console setup akin to the R.
We Argentinians get the ones built in Mexico just as you Americans. Don't know why it comes like that. Maybe it has something to do with NAR market regulations? I agree that it doesn't fit right, it seems kike they quickly redesigned the console and throw it in there. It surprises me that in some positions it interferes with the arm rest.

We previously had an A4 with EPB and I don't mind not having it. The only thing that I miss is the fact that with an EPB you can just accelerate and it will let the brake free for you. I left it on a couple of times now while taking off [emoji23]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
In 3 months of ownership:

Ebrake and coffee mug do not get along with the arm rest.

I found it strange that the GTI has a cloth armrest and not leather (as was in my Mk5 Rabbit).

12V in the armrest but no USB? It would be nice to leave my ancient 160 GB iPod Classic in there. Maybe this is a sign to move to SD cards.

Auto dimming rear view mirror has a small gap around the edges.

No source selection on the steering wheel. Yes I can use voice control or press the screen inches away.

Center console card slot is not deep enough, my parking card goes flying as I make a sharp turn.

Driver's side cubby is not lined and my garage door opener rattles around.

USB cable is difficult to access, and the door will get caught on the cable forcing you to press it 20 times or pry it open.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
i found the card slot do reject cards unless you get the angle perfect.....it is deep but fussy

I leave the door open and a usb cable plugged in at all times not the best solution but it works for me