GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Updating Discover Pro Navigation Database - Not reading source

harryw999

I've been trying to update my maps on my MIB1 Discover Pro. I've tried updating it on USB and SD card, using the official update tool and tried extracting it myself but to no avail.

Basically when I connect the update source to the vehicle a box comes up saying "Software Download" however when I then go to Navigation or settings and tell it to search for updates, it takes an age and then says "Error: No update source available" (Something like that, can't remember what it says exactly!)

Any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks in advance

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
If you have a good internet connection, try downloading the compressed file directly as opposed to using the Update Software. You are given this option on the VW Nav website.

Then use WinZip/WinRAR to extract to the SD. I used a SanDisk Ultra 32GB...

I did mine this morning using this method and had 0 issues, took around 50 minutes to install.

TonyRC

I think there is currently some problem with the Website.

I use Discover Media Navigation MIB2 and, today, on www.volkswagen.co.uk, I clicked:

Technology > Navigation & entertainment > Navigation systems - Discover Navigation

to reach a page that tells you how to get "Navigation software updates". In Option 1, I clicked the blue highlighted link "Navigation maps website". The web address (URL) behind this link is
www.navigation.com/vw-en. But, to my surprise, this resolved to a page with the address hereshop.navigation.com/vw-en, a blue banner with "navigation.com" in it, and a message "The page you requested is currently not available".

A little while ago, this same link resolved to a page with the web address
webspecial.volkswagen.de/maps/int/en/index.html from where you could download maps. (This web page still exists if you go there directly.)

Does anyone know what is happening?

What is a little worrying is that, if I enter www.navigation.com in the search field of my browser, I reach a page with the web address here.navigation.com/europe and, on this page, you can purchase map updates. But map updates you download are supposed to be free! Yes?

Last edited:

harryw999

If you have a good internet connection, try downloading the compressed file directly as opposed to using the Update Software. You are given this option on the VW Nav website.

I did mine this morning using this method and had 0 issues, took around 50 minutes to install.

Thanks for the reply, sadly I've tried it and it doesn't work :(

harryw999

I think there is currently some problem with the Website.

I use Discover Media Navigation MIB2 and, today, on www.volkswagen.co.uk, I clicked:

Technology > Navigation & entertainment > Navigation systems - Discover Navigation

to reach a page that tells you how to get "Navigation software updates". In Option 1, I clicked the blue highlighted link "Navigation maps website". The web address (URL) behind this link is
www.navigation.com/vw-en. But, to my surprise, this resolved to a page with the address hereshop.navigation.com/vw-en, a blue banner with "navigation.com" in it, and a message "The page you requested is currently not available".

A little while ago, this same link resolved to a page with the web address
webspecial.volkswagen.de/maps/int/en/index.html from where you could download maps. (This web page still exists if you go there directly.)

Does anyone know what is happening?

What is a little worrying is that, if I enter www.navigation.com in the search field of my browser, I reach a page with the web address here.navigation.com/europe and, on this page, you can purchase map updates. But map updates you download are supposed to be free! Yes?

I downloaded my maps from here: webspecial.volkswagen.de/maps/int/en/index.html

It's all free and I know that website works as I updated my Discover Navigation in my other VW!

They might have changed the website at some stage and not updated the links.

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC

A map update has recently been made available for those interested (7th June 2019).

25gb for Europe on the MIB1 Discover Pro.

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads#/