GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unibrace Possible Group Buy.

Ohlawd

Passed Driver's Ed
I had my UBQ installed in about 5 minutes. Jack up the car on one side. Didn’t use any loctite and it’s been on for a good 10,000 miles now. I suggest watching out on speed bumps if you are lowered. The UBQ will become your cars lowest point. I scrape mine quite often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I had my UBQ installed in about 5 minutes. Jack up the car on one side. Didn’t use any loctite and it’s been on for a good 10,000 miles now. I suggest watching out on speed bumps if you are lowered. The UBQ will become your cars lowest point. I scrape mine quite often.

Thoughts on feeling after install?
What did you think?

Ohlawd

Passed Driver's Ed
Thoughts on feeling after install?

What did you think?

Hard to say. I did so many modifications all at once. Superpro everything; sways, endlinks, and positive caster bushings. MSS Adjustable suspension along with the XBQ and UBQ. The car is an absolute monster now.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I finally got around to installing this thing; I was waiting to use a lift at my friend's place, but finally gave up and did it on jack stands. Did anyone else have to trim the underbody panel to make it fit? I wonder if it's a model year specific thing, but I definitely had to do a little creative Dremel work.

First drive impression is really good, very solid feeling on turn in and over bumps. The suspension feels more buttoned down. Best of all, the sunroof isn't creaking anymore! I guess there's just less flex, so less rubbing.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I finally got around to installing this thing; I was waiting to use a lift at my friend's place, but finally gave up and did it on jack stands. Did anyone else have to trim the underbody panel to make it fit? I wonder if it's a model year specific thing, but I definitely had to do a little creative Dremel work.

First drive impression is really good, very solid feeling on turn in and over bumps. The suspension feels more buttoned down. Best of all, the sunroof isn't creaking anymore! I guess there's just less flex, so less rubbing.

Nice.
I had a local shop install mine as I wanted the bolts tightened while all 4 wheels loaded and even. Was only on lift 30min so not much time to cut and they did not mention anything while they let me look at it on the lift. The Mechanic had owned an MK6.

Glad to hear you like it.
I think a top 5 mod if I had a new car.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Hi There

How can I send out the confirmation.
I want

- XBQ x 1 (red)
- UBQ x 1 (red)

for GTI mk7

Thanks

Ray

Unfortunately, you are way late to the party. This thread was for a group but that closed quite some time ago and I don't know that these parts are still available. You'll have to contact Unibrace directly.