GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Jetbill

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone able to tweak a dsg file? I’ve noticed the shift latency is load based , looking to improve the shift speeds under light load (quarter to half throttle) similar to that of full load (three quarter to full throttle).

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Lol I did use the word turbo. Stress on the turbo. Yes sir Turbo. And if you went with the “latter” regarding you’re own question, wouldnt that be engine?? Lol

Im confused. But what I MEAN, is less stress on the oem is20 ihi turbocharger
I was confused by that too! Lol But isn't the is38 more fragile to blowing? I haven't really read of very many newer style is20's blowing up.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Anyone able to tweak a dsg file? I’ve noticed the shift latency is load based , looking to improve the shift speeds under light load (quarter to half throttle) similar to that of full load (three quarter to full throttle).
Yeah I'm not a fan of how it shifts higher in the upper rpms now under light throttle. I find myself manually shifting all the time to drop the rpms when cruising. It doesn't need to sit and rev @ 2100 rpms at constant speeds. Mine seems to shift @ 2300 rpms. No matter what speed under normal driving conditions.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Wouldn't the original jb1 control meth the same way as the jb4 just without the afr tap and use of the obd port?
Idk. I don't know much about the jb1. George was working on firmware for me to use were the jb4 can control meth without being plugged in and without adding boost

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

As far as I know, there is no Maestro support for our DSG, and DSG files are never publicly shared because they are not encrypted like the ECU files, and trade secrets can be lost.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I was confused by that too! Lol But isn't the is38 more fragile to blowing? I haven't really read of very many newer style is20's blowing up.
I probably got too wordy...

I'd rather keep the glass turbos relatively close to efficiency, and milk the engine a bit more to get extra power.

I pushed my hybrid IS20 pretty hard and it developed an issue. The IHI units are too fragile imo to reliably push.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
Hi all!
I got a noob question:

I'm about to get ED's tune, but I'd like to know if it will get rid of the annoying drive-by-wire throttle delay that VW in its great wisdom has decided to plague my ECU with. It's driving me crazy when trying to put power down exiting corners, it's just like the retarded clutch delay valve, but that was an easy fix..

After going through a couple hundred pages of this humongous thread I haven't seen any mention of this and, although I'd like to get through the whole thread, it might take me a few months :)

Thanks to anyone who'll take the time to reply.

Last edited:

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
Hi all!
I got a noob question:

I'm about to get ED's tune, but I'd like to know if it will get rid of the annoying drive-by-wire throttle delay that VW in its great wisdom has decided to plague my ECU with. It's driving me crazy when trying to put power down exiting corners, it's just like the retarded clutch delay valve, but that was an easy fix..

After going through a couple hundred pages of this humongous thread I haven't seen any mention of this and, although I'd like to get through the whole thread, it might take me a few months :)

Thanks to anyone who'll take the time to reply.
Check out this thread for the throttle delay: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32578

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Does that help with the launch control delay? Any side effects to doing that?

I don't think it would help with the delay at all, since it's not a throttle based delay but a DSG based delay. The only side affect noted so far is on JB4 logs the AFR isn't as smooth (even during wot) with the setting enabled. Whether that is a real thing or a logging thing, I don't know.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
So it's not really even worth doing then?

If you want a more sensitive/touchier throttle then by all means. I liked it when I was JB4, I don't like it now with ED, too touchy. You know when you're rolling to a stop then need to get back on it in second gear? That can be a little too rough with the mod.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
So I just purchased Meastro for my A3.

I've used it in the past and don't really have any questions for my engine tune, but man am I hearing conflicting DSG tune reviews. The price point sure seems cheap, but I'm curious on user opinions of their DSG tune.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
So I just purchased Meastro for my A3.

I've used it in the past and don't really have any questions for my engine tune, but man am I hearing conflicting DSG tune reviews. The price point sure seems cheap, but I'm curious on user opinions of their DSG tune.

APR TCU all the way. Works GREAT with Maestro.