GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > California

Old 01-23-2018, 06:08 PM   #18
PacDawg

Drives: 2016 GTI / 2008 Acura RDX
I know this is over your budget but this a better option if you are willing to spend more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rev9-3-5-Du...9aKF-X&vxp=mtr
2016 GTI S DSG | 5150 IS38 ECU & APR TCU Tune | ECS Intake | Unitronic Intercooler | Circuit Werks DP | Precision Raceworks LPFP | CTS TIP | Modified Stock Exhaust | Kosie K8R | VWR Springs | Llumar CTX 35% Tint
12.0 @ 114 mph IS20 APR
11.3 @ 122.8 mph IS38 5150
PacDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:08 PM   #19
Will_

Drives: MK7 GTI S DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM075180 View Post
Hey thanks for the post! Watching the video back yourself- would you say the video does the sound justice?

Iím a musician/audio nerd so Iím always skeptical of Ēbuilt inĒ recording capabilities on devices. I donít mean to come off like your efforts are sub-par or anything- just giving my question some context

Sounds awesome though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah i totally understand, iPhone's sitting atop washing machines aren't known for their audio recording abilities.

I'd say its fairly representative but in real life the exhaust note has more quality and depth to it if that makes sense. Its slightly distorted in the video and the sounds get kinda jumbled. In real life you still hear the little pops you hear in the video but the note is more clear. When I hold the camera closer to the exhaust at the end I'd say the sound is more accurate.
Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:53 AM   #20
Dad_wagon

OP what part of Sacramento are you in? There is a good shop on the edge of Citrus Heights/Roseville that does quality work at a great price. I got a quote from them to delete the resonator for $80. Just have not gotten around to it yet myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dad_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote