GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Map sensor

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Quick question guys, will a bad map sensor always trigger a code? I think mine is causing my boost issue bu I am not getting any codes....any help would be appreciated. The car will try and hit (in my case around 25-27 psi) and then cut out for a split second and proceed to pull. Also, the car is running pig rich, around 10.8-11.3 afr at wot. Side note, i got the apr pops and bangs map and thought that might be the issue. It is not as i flashed back to reg stg 2 and problem persists...

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Whats happening with ignition and knock when it cuts? You try running the stock DV?

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Ya running stock dv now...nothing doing. Interestingly, my tuner pointed out to me today that there was a ecm software veraion fault that he couldnt erase...mhes going to contact apr tomorrow to see whats up..

dubcars101

Quick question guys, will a bad map sensor always trigger a code? I think mine is causing my boost issue bu I am not getting any codes....any help would be appreciated. The car will try and hit (in my case around 25-27 psi) and then cut out for a split second and proceed to pull. Also, the car is running pig rich, around 10.8-11.3 afr at wot. Side note, i got the apr pops and bangs map and thought that might be the issue. It is not as i flashed back to reg stg 2 and problem persists...

Hey, did you ever figure it out?

Same exact issue here with the same Stage 2 - Crackle tune - No CEL and thinking it could be the MAP Sensor