GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

adam1991

Banned
I see so much overuse of the word "nannies". In most if not all cases, they're driving the car way better than you possibly ever could.

Whenever I see someone use "nannies," I think that person insists that his skills are superior to the technology. I also think that person is wrong and is in denial.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
What if someone thinks that highly skilled means spinning the front tires at will?

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
In a straight line, those nannies absolutely take the performance out of the car. They are not there to maximize performance, they are there to keep the car on the straight and narrow.

Count

Just fyi..i did all the changes on my mk7r...it did break loose easier however after 100klm per hr traction controls comes back on??
Weird thing to happen but I actually like having it on at those speeds lol

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Just fyi..i did all the changes on my mk7r...it did break loose easier however after 100klm per hr traction controls comes back on??
Weird thing to happen but I actually like having it on at those speeds lol

Yes VW would prefer you not wrap your car around a tree :)

Khanmots

Thank you so much for this! Really really helps the car. Wheel hop seems to take a bit of being retarded to induce too, so this'll be set for daily-driver duties.

Thank you!

Last edited:

DAS_STIG

Banned
Unfortunately my car is one with the Normal/Strong/Maximum options and no choice to Deactivate. Are we sure this follows the same idea in that "Maximum" means the maximum interference by ECU and not maximum allowed vibrations before interfering?

Was a work around ever found for those that don't have the deactivate choice? Tried searching this forum and others but this thread seems to be the most in depth discussion of this mod.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Tried some runs back to back with setting to Normal and Maximum. Felt no difference in the way the car pulled in 1st and 2nd. The roads were slick so was able to break tire loose relatively easily in lower gears. Maybe it's because of slick roads/freely spinning tire that no nannies kicked in? Maybe it kicks in more in dry weather when tires are bouncing on/off grip more.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Tried some runs back to back with setting to Normal and Maximum. Felt no difference in the way the car pulled in 1st and 2nd. The roads were slick so was able to break tire loose relatively easily in lower gears. Maybe it's because of slick roads/freely spinning tire that no nannies kicked in? Maybe it kicks in more in dry weather when tires are bouncing on/off grip more.

What year? 2015? Do you have ECS off via VCDS already?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Interested to hear results of same tests but on dry roads.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Yes 2015 and yes have EVA full off set up. I did runs with ECS full off.

I don't think this mod does anything for those of us with 2015 models and ECS already programed off via button via VCDS. Fellow 2015 here, I can't deactivate this either but my wheels spin free no issue with ECS off.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I think it's by build date rather than specific model year. Mine has an August 2014 build.

Yeah my '15 model is a June 2015 build date and I was able to deactivate mine. Absolutely makes a massive difference