GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS turbo inlet pipe

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I think all the turbo inlet designs are the same there's just two versions of the pcv hose inlet. One squeezes and one just has a little pronged tab on the side that's hard to notice (facing the firewall). Won't just sitting it on top create vacuum issues with the pcv pulling oil?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Does yours have snap ring or is it solid?

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37414

Maybe the connector wasn't designed for your breather tube.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Did you ever figure out what was causing it to stick? How exactly does the pronged model snap onto place? As my oem tip has no mating notch or anything for those prongs. Very weird design. The squeeze style looks much better.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Did you ever figure out what was causing it to stick? How exactly does the pronged model snap onto place? As my oem tip has no mating notch or anything for those prongs. Very weird design. The squeeze style looks much better.
I guess I could take a hack saw or dremel to it at this point and find out. I know the plastic inner ring of the hose expands once it gets past the inner lip of the coupler. Are those prongs preventing full depression of the hose on to the pipe for you?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
The prong doesn't seem to do anything. As it doesn't even touch the rim of the tip it just goes past. But what is weird is how easily I can pull off the pcv hose. Are others with a cts tip seeing this same thing?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
The prong doesn't seem to do anything. As it doesn't even touch the rim of the tip it just goes past. But what is weird is how easily I can pull off the pcv hose. Are others with a cts tip seeing this same thing?

Yes.

There are two types of PCV fittings.

I have the type which does not have the plastic pinch ring, and mine does not snap in.

It's been there for 20k miles and hasn't popped off.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Yes.

There are two types of PCV fittings.

I have the type which does not have the plastic pinch ring, and mine does not snap in.

It's been there for 20k miles and hasn't popped off.
Have you noticed excessive oil in pcv , surrounding area or inside the tip right outside the compressor wheel? I wonder if vacuum issues with lack of seal will cause long term problems with those that have prong style pcv running aftermarket tips like the cts one.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Have you noticed excessive oil in pcv , surrounding area or inside the tip right outside the compressor wheel? I wonder if vacuum issues with lack of seal will cause long term problems with those that have prong style pcv running aftermarket tips like the cts one.

I have not noticed any issues whatsoever.

You will always have small amounts of oil coming from PCV.

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Anyone willing to part with their factory turbo inlet pipe? Please let me know. 2016 Golf S

Thanks!
JD