GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 1.4 Tsi project, help get it to 200-300 BHP!

Zoolook

Ready to race!

blower

Ready to race!
The 7 speed dsg will handle 300nm before it hits the torque limiter.

In terms of the clutch pack itself, with clutches from 2013 onwards in a mk7 and mk6, you don't get slip even at 350nm, but unless you use a map like APR which fudges the internal torque calculation or have the dsg re-tuned, the torque limiter will start to kick in and cut power above 300nm.

Tatanko

Ready to race!
Not everyone lives of daddy and mummy's money like you lol! So people have to work hard to earn money, so if you ain't got anything good to say f**k off! It's people like you that can't drive and make people's insurance up not people like us that mod cars and not decler it yet we can drive
Lol it's rats like him that complain when people have something nicer them, bet he couldn't afford them mods so he taught he'd mess it up for someone else
Don't come to a community forum and bad mouth other members for rightly calling you out on irresponsible decisions. You need to grow up and act like an adult.

Last edited:

Zoolook

Ready to race!
Don't come to a community forum and bad mouth other members for rightly calling you out on childish and irresponsible decisions that affect people other than yourself.

You need to grow up and act like an adult.

Agreed. He has a point that under-insured cars are a big reason premiums are so high, not to mention young males driving over-powered cars and over-estimating their driving abilities.

On the other side, not everyone who isn't a total maniac on the road, bolting on airline-sized exhausts, is driving around in a parent-funded car. The guy could be in the 50's for all anyone knows.

The OP freely admitted he wasn't going to bother telling the insurance company and so pretty much is saying he plans to drive illegally. If someone is unfortunate enough to be seriously injured in his car, or because they got hit in another car or walking the street, they won't be covered. Why would anyone defend that?

blower

Ready to race!
In terms of the insurance thing - yes he is risking things and is a fool by not telling the insurance company, but the risk is pretty much his in the UK - in the event of an accident they wouldn't pay out for damage on his car, they may pay out on the other party and if they don't the MIB (motor insurance bureau) would pay out for the other party.

As for additional legal claims outside the cost of car damage - they would target him regardless of if he was insured or not...it is not compulsory to have legal cover on the car insurance policy here in the UK and many policies don't.

There is also the fact that unless the mod's are visible they can never tell - so do declare exhaust changes, air intakes etc....as for remap, well you should declare it, for peace of mind i would, but in reality they can't tell.

Just don't drive like a dick and cause an accident...

Anyway enough of insurance, this thread is about modding a 1.4TSI.
It would be nice to get this thread back on topic......

evilfish5000

Passed Driver's Ed
My insurance, which is USAA, doesn't care what you put on it. For them to cover it you will need to provide them the original receipts and pictures of in on your car. I have had a 5 inch lifted Nissan Xterra that got messed up and they covered every bit of it with out any questions. It all depends on the insurance company that you use though. Not sure about the UK insurance, but you might want to look into your insurance company and see what they say.

On a side note, why did you rat someone out to their insurance company about their mods? Seems like a douche move.... Also my insurance has not gone up or changed since I bought my last car. You must have a crappy insurance company that keeps jacking up your price. Sounds like to me you need to shop around and find a better insurance company :p

All uk insurance companies any kind of performance need to be declared otherwise your insurance is void then leading you open to court charges for driving without insurance.

If you want to know the reason I asked his car to be checked over by insurance for mods as the guy was a nasty dangerous piece of work. This guy used to floor it to pedestrian crossings to slam on the brakes to scare people then to other driver he was know for doing stupid speeds in narrow residential areas and brake checking other cars. One day this idiot lost it on a corner in a street and plowed into the side my car that was parked with me standing next to it. be it he tried the above to one of my relatives and did this to my car I was happy to do it to him. You want to support a guy like that just as his car was modded.

Hence why I have a massive problem with people who dont insure themselves correctly.

doeboy

To me the mods on his car had nothing to do with your situation. It was a irresponsible driver... From the way you described the driver was careless and was dumb. He could do the same with a car that has no mods. It seems to me you are blaming his mods on the way he drives, which means that you think that everyone that mods their car will drive like an a-hole like that guy did. Be mad at the douche who was immature and didn't know how to drive like a mature driver ie taking it to a closed course/track if you want to let lose.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Unfortunately here in the UK where the OP is their is an attitude of young men getting a cheaper car to insure car & tuning it to max bhp with half the mods undeclared to the insurance company. They usually drive around, not slowly (USA cruise style) but fast & stupid cos it cool init bro...

The OP stated that he was age 22 ,& MK7 R insurance costing way too much & wants to get 200-300bhp out of a 122/125PD 1.4TSi & also stated he was not planning on telling his insurance about any engine mods, but just the body mods.

I suggest that those more experienced & wise try to dissuade him from doing so polite, as in the end IF the $h1te hits the fan over here he will get found out as the assessors will look into the mods & engine etc in detail & will void his insurance & he will end up in trouble with the police, fines/points etc as would be classified by the police as driving with out insurance as his insurance would be VOID!

Get this thread back on topic to help him see sense, not bicker amongst yourselves!!!

esco_993

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't come to a community forum and bad mouth other members for rightly calling you out on irresponsible decisions. You need to grow up and act like an adult.

There's a way of saying something, if someone will call me out in that manner I will respond in that

esco_993

Passed Driver's Ed
Unfortunately here in the UK where the OP is their is an attitude of young men getting a cheaper car to insure car & tuning it to max bhp with half the mods undeclared to the insurance company. They usually drive around, not slowly (USA cruise style) but fast & stupid cos it cool init bro...

The OP stated that he was age 22 ,& MK7 R insurance costing way too much & wants to get 200-300bhp out of a 122/125PD 1.4TSi & also stated he was not planning on telling his insurance about any engine mods, but just the body mods.

I suggest that those more experienced & wise try to dissuade him from doing so polite, as in the end IF the $h1te hits the fan over here he will get found out as the assessors will look into the mods & engine etc in detail & will void his insurance & he will end up in trouble with the police, fines/points etc as would be classified by the police as driving with out insurance as his insurance would be VOID!

Get this thread back on topic to help him see sense, not bicker amongst yourselves!!!

Excually lol! I've seen sense :) I've found a policy to cover some of the mods so will have a replica with about 170ish BHP for first year and hopefully a real golf R or A45 next year :D

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Excually lol! I've seen sense :) I've found a policy to cover some of the mods so will have a replica with about 170ish BHP for first year and hopefully a real golf R or A45 next year :D

Good work!...;)

Keep nose clean whilst having such a car with declared mods helps towards cheaper insurance for a more powerful car, as the factory spec more powerful car is easier to deal with from their point of view...:cool: